To advance your career, advance your ability to write
The workplace is filled with people who meet a job’s technical requirements, but who can’t express themselves clearly in writing. That’s why effective writing skills are highly valued by employers in every field. You don’t have to be born with good writing skills.
You can learn them and practice them in this course!
Business Writing Certificate is a 24-hour classroom course designed to help professionals excel in written communications with customers and co-workers. In this highly interactive course, you and your classmates will collaborate to create clear, concise documents such as memos, business letters, emails, policy statements, reports, and instructions.
The course shows you how to exploit the powerful connection between critical thinking and clear writing.
- How to streamline the writing process from start to finish
- A five-step approach to clear, concise writing
- Techniques that help your audience understand your key points at the first reading
- How to avoid mistakes and pitfalls that undermine credibility and clarity
- How to be an effective editor of documents you or others write
- Ways to measure the readability of your documents
Who Should Attend?
This course can benefit anyone who communicates in writing - especially those currently working in a professional work environment.
March 20, 21, 22, and 23, 2017
9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
$799 (includes course materials)
For information on our Organizational Group Discount, please call (706) 542-3537.
Students will be awarded a Certificate of Program Completion for 2.4 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) upon successfully completing the course.
Attendance Policy and Other Important Requirements:
To receive the Certificate of Completion and Continuing Education Units (CEUs) the following is required:
- Attendance at all four sessions
- Timely and successful completion of written and oral assignments