The University of Georgia Center for Continuing Education Event and Meeting Management Certificate Program will help you develop the "Big" event for your organization or client. This program covers all of the critical factors necessary for finding the perfect location to match your goals and objectives; selecting suitable and safe food and beverage; adding color, lighting, sound for special effects; developing internal and external marketing; contracting the most appropriate financial and legal arrangements; keeping the participants and event itself safe; and coming in on budget.
Hours: 35 hours / 3.5 CEUs
When: Feb. 22 - April 12, 2014
This outstanding program is taught by savvy industry professionals who travel the U.S. and the world working on meetings and events for independent, corporate, association and government clients. Their expertise, knowledge of trends in the industry, and professional contacts will help you identify your future in this dynamic industry.
The program is endorsed by the Georgia Chapter of Meeting Professionals International (GaMPI). As a student in the program, you may apply for Student Membership in MPI. Through this program, participants can accrue contact (learning) hours toward sitting for or recertifying for the Certified Meeting Professional (CMP) designation. This program meets the requirements for Continuing Education Hours for CMP candidates.
Who Should Attend?
- Event and Meeting Planners seeking to expand their skills and gain knowledge that can be applied immediately
- Hospitality employees, trainers, lodging and restaurant personnel, human resources managers, seminar planners, exhibition planners, conference center directors, sales and marketing managers, administrative personnel, and others seeking to expand their career paths with the skills necessary to plan efficient and effective events and meetings
Spring 2014 – Five Saturdays; attendance required for each session:
February 22, 2014, 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
– Setting the Foundation-Best Practices in Meeting Management
March 1, 2014, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
– Budgeting the Event or Meeting (AM)
– Marketing the Event or Meeting (PM)
March 15, 2014, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
– Event Sourcing and Site Selection (AM)
– Strategic Communications and Food & Beverage (PM)
March 29, 2014, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
– Special Events (AM)
– Technology and Audio Visuals (PM)
April 12, 2014, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
– Contracts and Risk Management (AM & PM)
– Professional Development (PM)
The March 29, 2014 session will tentatively be held in the Classic Tents & Events headquarters in Atlanta
3.5 CEUs – 35 clock hours
Your attendance is required at all five sessions in order for you to receive your "Certificate of Program Completion."
Military Funding Information:
The Event and Meeting Management Certificate Program has been approved by the Department of Veterans Services to receive GI Bill funding. Spouses of active duty military members that are eligible for MYCAA and active duty military members that are eligible for Air Force TA and Army TA may contact their education service officer to apply for course approval. For more information regarding military funding for this course, visit our Financial and Military Assistance page or contact our office at 706-542-3537.