Hearing Officer Annual Update 2016 is an online, self-study course developed by the University of Georgia Carl Vinson Institute of Government and the Georgia Department of Revenue for hearing officers, members and alternate members of county boards of equalization, tax commissioners, tax assessors, tax appraisers, and assessment contractors.
Hours: 4 hours / 0.4 CEUs
When: Start anytime
This web course updates you on hearing officer’s administrative processes and procedures, any recent changes in statutory or case law, and changes to important concepts and terminology.
In this course you will read the online lessons, complete the quiz at the end of each lesson and complete the course exercise. There is no final examination for Hearing Officer Annual Update 2016. Those taking the course can complete it at their own pace, on their own schedule.
In this course, you will learn:
- Lesson 1 – Legal Citations
- Lesson 2 – Hearing Officer Regulations
- Lesson 3 – Current Cast Law
Who Should Attend?
- Members and alternate members of the county Boards of Equalization may take this course in the first year of each renewed term for continuing education credit awarded by the Georgia Department of Revenue.
- Hearing officers, tax commissioners, tax appraisers, tax assessors and Assessment Contractors may take this course annually for continuing education credit awarded by the Georgia Department of Revenue.
- Professionals in the public or private sector experience who want to gain knowledge of the Hearing Officer Annual Update 2016.
- Enroll at any time.
- Complete the course's required online quizzes and exercises within 30 days of receiving the "Welcome" email with course URL, username and password information.
- To complete this course, you will read the lessons, complete each lesson's quiz and complete the course exercise.
$95 — Course Registration Price
$50 — One-Month Extension (Only one extension is granted per participant.)
Prepayment is required to be registered. Prices listed are per person. Prices are subject to change.
The Georgia Center will gladly issue full refunds for cancellations received in writing prior to the release of course access information. You may cancel your enrollment within the first seven days and receive a refund less a $50 administrative fee, provided that you have not accessed the online course material at all. During the first 10 days of your course, if you have not completed any course work, you may opt for a one-time transfer of your enrollment to another student for a fee of $50; the new student (i.e., substitute) would have up to thirty (30) days from the transfer date to complete the course. A course may be transferred only once for a fee of $50 (US). Written requests should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The University of Georgia will award .4 Continuing Education Unit (CEU) upon successful completion of of Hearing Officers Annual Update 2016.
- University of Georgia CEU transcripts are available at any time upon written request.
Certification or Licensure Information:
Upon completion of this course, the Department of Revenue may issue a letter of completion to those who are eligible for the continuing education credit. Contact the Department of Revenue to determine eligibility, request a Letter of Completion and Continuing Education Credit.