In this Finances and Accounting course, a module in the Healthcare Management Certificate series, for new managers in the healthcare arena, you will explore the financial issues that make healthcare organizations unique.
You will develop a basic understanding of accounting principles, terms, and methods used in financial accounting for healthcare organizations, including preparing and reading budgets. The complexity of finances in the healthcare system is due, in part, to the many and varied entities that regulate and channel the flow of monies into and out of the system. This tangled network will be addressed and simplified in ways that make sense to non-accountants.
Each course is supported by an experienced, highly qualified coach mentor who will check on your progress every 72 hours and provide supportive feedback on your lessons by email.
Who Should Attend?
- Physicians, nurses, physicians’ assistants, therapists, laboratory technicians, social workers, and other healthcare professionals who have recently been promoted or accepted a position as a manager or supervisor.
- Current managers or supervisors in healthcare settings, such as hospitals, physicians’ offices, rehabilitation centers, etc.
- Healthcare systems looking to provide cost-effective training opportunities to supplement an internal training agenda or professional development plan
- Managers and supervisors in other fields seeking to enter the Healthcare profession
- Individual Module Duration: Students have 30 days to complete this module upon release of the module’s access information (URL, username and password).
- Six Modules/Full Certificate Program Duration: Certificate Program students have up to nine months to complete any six modules.
$349 – Individual module
$1999 – Any six modules/Full certificate program
- 1.5 CEUs for each completed course module
- 9.0 CEUs for the completion of any six course modules of the Healthcare Management Certificate Program
- Certificate of Completion from the University of Georgia