Concepts in Clinical Pharmacokinetics is an online course focusing on the fundamental principles of absorption, distribution, metabolism and elimination of drugs by the human body. The course also covers clinical application, including case studies of commonly dosed drugs.
Whether you are a student seeking a clinical pharmacokinetics course, or a seasoned practitioner, the course will help you expand your knowledge in pharmacokinetics.
The mathematical equations required for drug dosing can be intimidating. Concepts in Clinical Pharmacokinetics breaks the equations down to their simplest forms and uses a step-by-step approach to explain the "how to" of the discipline. This promotes a greater comprehension of the subject matter, allowing easier adaption of concepts to specific drug dosing situations.
Based on the bestselling textbook of the same title — Concepts in Clinical Pharmacokinetics, 5th Edition, presented by the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists — the course is rich in multimedia elements that expand on the text and stimulate learning. The intense, instructor-facilitated course brings to life the realities and nuances of clinical pharmacokinetics. The course's clinical correlates will help you link fundamental kinetic models to specific applications. The clinical correlates highlight either a mathematical or clinical point, helping you avoid making simple mistakes.
Four Course Options/Continuing Pharmacy Education Credit
Option #1 — Application-Based — Concepts in Clinical Pharmacokinetics Web-Based Continuing Education Course
UAN # 0014-9999-13-012-H01-P | Release Date: January 01, 2013 | Expiration Date: December 31, 2015
20 Contact Hours
Option #2 — Practiced-Based Activity Certificate — Concepts in Clinical Pharmacokinetics
UAN # 0014-9999-13-013-H01-P | Release Date: January 01, 2013 | Expiration Date: December 31, 2015
30 Contact Hours
Option #3 — Practice Based Activity Certificate for Advanced Practitioners
UAN # 0014-9999-13-014-H01-P | Release Date: January 01, 2013 | Expiration Date: December 31, 2015
15 Contact Hours
Option 4 — Online Course for Pharmacy Schools
*This non-credit, continuing education format is reserved for pharmacy schools requiring a distance-based kinetics course for their Pharm.D. program or an alternative remedial pharmacokinetics program option for matriculating undergraduate students. Please contact questions [at] georgiacenter [dot] uga [dot] edu or telephone +1-706-542-3537 for details on college of pharmacy enrollments!
Concepts in Clinical Pharmacokinetics course offers:
- Self-paced, self-study, online continuing pharmacy education course; accessible anywhere with an Internet connection
- Interactive media to enhance your learning experience
- Detailed, state-of-the-art curriculum; a dynamic kinetic course written by a outstanding academic faculty and clinical pharmacy practitioners
- 11 Lessons (Available in all formats!)
- Introduction to Pharmacokinetics
- Basic Pharmacokinetics
- Half-life, Elimination Rate Constant and AUC
- Intravenous Bolus Administration, Multiple Drug Administration, and Steady-State Average Concentrations
- Relationships of Pharmacokinetic Parameters and Intravenous Intermittent and Continuous Infusions
- Two-Compartment Models
- Biopharmaceutics: Absorption
- Drug Distribution and Protein Binding
- Drug Elimination Processes
- Nonlinear Processes
- Pharmacokinetic Variation and Model Independent Relationships
- Practice-Based Activity Case Studies when enrolled in Course Option #2 or Course Option #3
- 5 Cases (Only available in Option #2 and Option #3)
Aminoglycosides (Lesson 12)
Vancomycin (Lesson 13)
Theophylline (Lesson 14)
Phenytoin and Digoxin (Lesson 15)
Who Should Attend?
- Clinical Pharmacists or Health-System Pharmacists
- Hospital Pharmacists
- Community Pharmacists (Retail)
- Consultant Pharmacist
- Compounding Pharmacists
- Matriculating Professional Pharmacy Students
- Participants in enrolled in a PharmD Program
- Others already working in the pharmaceutical industry wanting to obtain a well-rounded and in-depth knowledge of clinical pharmacokinetics
For more details about the course fees, please click on the downloadable files on right titled Course Cost.
Group Discounts are available for organizations registering 15 or more participants. For additional information about group enrollments for your health-system, contact Pam Bracken at +1-706-542-3537.
Upon your successful completion of the course format, you will earn:
Option #1 — Application-Based — Concepts in Clinical Pharmacokinetics Web-Based Continuing Education Course #0014-9999-13-012-H01-P
20 contact hours of continuing pharmacy education credit.
Option #2 — Practiced-Based Activity Certificate — Concepts in Clinical Pharmacokinetics #0014-9999-13-013-H01-P
30 contact hours of continuing pharmacy education credit.
Option #3 — Practice Based Activity Certificate for Advanced Practitioners #0014-9999-13-014-H01-P
15 contact hours of continuing pharmacy education credit.
Statements of *credit will be issued within 6 weeks of the activity; no partial credit will be given for any of the course options. *Continuing pharmacy education credits are available only to licensed pharmacists; all others (i.e., non-Pharmacists) will earn University of Georgia Continuing Education Units (CEUs).
Visit the University of Georgia CEU policies for more details.