MRII and the University of Georgia will be offering a new online short course (anticipated 24-30 hours) — The Principles of Mobile Market Research — Practices & Applications! This new short course will provide the foundation that researchers of all levels need to know in order to conduct successful mobile market research. The course presents the technologies and wherewithal needed in the application of mobile market research. Participants will gain knowledge of how mobile is expanding and practical ideas on how they can apply this new form of research to their work. Graduates receive University of Georgia continuing education units (CEUs) as well as a Certificate of Program Completion from MRII and the University. Click here for our course flyer.
The new online course will provide:
- An introduction and overview of mobile market research.
- The technologies that underpin and enable mobile market research.
- The role of mobile market research in quantitative and qualitative research.
- Best practices in designing mobile surveys.
- International mobile market research studies.
- The “Bleeding Edge” and other debates.
- Privacy and ethical consideration for mobile market research.
- Self-paced, self-study format with up to three months to complete the course requirements.
The Ten Modules
- Introduction & Overview to Mobile Market Research
- The Technologies that Underpin Mobile Market Research
- The Role of Mobile Market Research in Quantitative Research
- Best Practices in Designing Mobile Surveys
- The Role of Mobile Market Research in Qualitative Research
- Access Panels, Client Lists, and Communities
- Global Mobile Market Research
- Mobile Market Research, Mobile Marketing and Mobile Advertising
- Mobile Market Research and the Bleeding Edge
- Privacy and Ethical Considerations for Mobile Market Research
- Reg Baker is the former President and Chief Operating Office of Market Strategies International, a US-based custom research agency where he continues to serve as a consultant. In addition to his current responsibilities at Market Strategies, Reg teaches in the Masters in Market Research Program at Michigan State University. He and five colleagues currently are editing a book, Online Panels: A Data Quality Perspective, to be published by Wiley in 2014. Throughout his career Reg has focused on the methodological and operational implications of new survey technologies including CATI, CAPI, Web, and now mobile. He writes and presents on these and related issues to diverse national and international audiences and blogs off and on as thesurveygeek.
- Ray Poynter has spent the last 30+ years at the intersection of research, innovation, and commerce, having been involved in the development of CAPI, online systems, online surveys, and social media research. Ray is the author of The Handbook of Online and Social Media Research, the founder of NewMR, and is currently a director of Vision Critical University.
- Navin Williams, author, is the founder and CEO of MobileMeasure Consultancy Limited. His industry experience covers market research, technology, media & telecommunications sectors. Navin has the distinction of working for some of the world’s market research leaders in Kantar (IMRB and RI) and Nielsen, where he held senior roles in four countries, spanning two continents. His last assignment before founding MobileMeasure was as head of Consumer Research in Nielsen in China.
Details are subject to change without notice.
Proudly supported by:
As an "early adopter" you may pre-register now to receive your alert and to secure a special introductory rate with no obligation.