You don't need a studio or lighting equipment to make beautiful portraits. And you don't need to tell your subjects "Say cheese!" to get great expressions. This course immerses novice or practiced photographers into all aspects of portraiture. You'll learn from the work of master photographers and put their techniques into practice as you build your own portfolio of portraits in a variety of settings.
Hours: 12 hours / 1.2 CEUs
Where: UGA's Athens campus
When: New dates coming soon!
In six weekly two-hour sessions, including field trips, you will learn:
- how to work with and pose your model
- how to compose an attractive image
- how to make the most of light and time
- tips for environmental, street, people, self, and animal portraits
- business and social etiquette considerations in photographic portraiture
In these sessions or at home, you will:
- make a set of creative self portraits
- photograph two or more people in an indoor or outdoor setting
- photograph dogs to promote their adoption
- make a portfolio for presentation at the final session
Who Should Attend?
People who are interested in photography as hobby or possible profession.
12 Hours/1.2 CEUs