Members of Congress launched the Government Efficiency Caucus, a public-private initiative to improve government operations and save money. A key goal is to replicate the private sectors success with project management practices.
If you work in the public sector, expand your career path by developing project management skills.
Introduction to Project Management for Government Personnel prepares you for working in a government project environment.
Step by step, this two-day workshop introduces you to the basics of project management. Then you will apply what you have learned through hands-on team exercises.
Using a government-related learning scenario, workshop participants will:
- Determine project objectives and requirements
- Identify constraints
- Develop a project charter
- List assumptions and out of scope activities
- Create an organized "to-do" list
- Generate tasks and create a network diagram
- Determine project risks in order to develop a risk matrix
- Create a communication matrix
- Define roles and responsibilities of sponsor, project manager, project team and stakeholders
Tuesday and Wednesday, 9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
12 Hours/1.2 CEU's
Definition of CEU's.