Project management is one of the most in-demand skills in the business world. Project Management Certificate — a classroom program from the University of Georgia — explains what it takes to manage simple and complex projects from start to finish, on time, and within budget.
Hours: 36 hours / 3.6 CEUs
Where: UGA Gwinnett Campus
When: March 7-22, 2014
In this course, you will gain an understanding of the standards of project management presented in the Project Management Institute (PMI)® PMBOK® Guide. You will also gain valuable skills necessary for work as a project manager in any industry.
The course includes topics such as the life cycle of a project, project management processes, professional responsibility of a project manager, and, if you are planning to take PMI®'s PMP® Certification Exam, this course will provide the project management education hours you need to qualify for the exam.
This course covers the ten knowledge areas presented in the PMBOK® Guide:
- Project Scope Management
- Project Time Management
- Project Human Resource Management
- Project Procurement Management
- Project Communication Management
- Project Integration Management
- Project Risk Management
- Project Quality Management
- Project Cost Management
- Project Stakeholders Management
Each participant will receive a 3-ring binder with comprehensive handouts covered in class, a copy of A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) – Fifth Edition, and other appropriate study materials as identified by the instructor.
Who Should Attend?
- Managers, supervisors and individuals who want to learn project management skills and processes through an in-depth project management program
- Experienced project managers who have no formal project management instruction
- Project managers seeking project management contact hours to sit for the certification examination
Fridays and Saturdays
8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- 3.6 CEUs/36 PDUs
- Certificate of Completion from the University of Georgia and Corporate-Copia, LLC