The Technical Writing Online Training Program is designed for anyone who wishes to develop their technical writing abilities to a professional level. You will learn research methods, audience considerations, styles, drafting and revision techniques, how to work in a collaborative environment, and more.
This course will also introduce you to a variety of media and formats. You will learn about standards for Web sites, e-mails, proposals, memos, and instructions.
Textbooks are included. This online certificate program is offered in partnership with major colleges, universities, and other accredited education providers.
Upon successful completion of the Technical Writing program, you will:
- Understand the differences between academic and technical writing
- Develop effective research methods
- Learn to consider the needs and abilities of the audience
- Know how to incorporate clarity and utility
- Develop job-hunting and resume-writing skills
- Become aware of ethical issues in technical writing
- Employ stylistic methods for effective writing
- Learn how to work as part of a team
Master writing a variety of technical documents:
- Create memos, analyses, and reports
- Compose a professional portfolio
- Write a series of interview questions
- Demonstrate knowledge of advanced grammar rules
- Develop a proposal.
For complete course details, please visit the ed2go Online Career Training web site.
Start Anytime, complete in 180 days