Learn to design online training that "comes alive" for your students!
If you develop and teach courses online, how can you emulate the engagement students have in face-to-face classes? This certificate program shows you how to produce a successful learning experience for online students.
Instructional Design and eLearning Certificate is a 60-hour online, instructor-led program created by the University of Georgia. You'll learn how to develop clear instructional goals, work with tools to create a rewarding eLearning experience, and write and revise a project management plan.
This program is designed for teachers and professors, non-profit and corporate trainers, and human resource specialists. Using narrated lesson presentations, readings, activities, discussions, and live classes, this program equips you with the approach, techniques and tools needed for effective instructional design.
The program consists of two 30-hour courses, each awarding CEUs for completion:
Introduction to Instructional Design and Development
- This course covers analysis of instructional needs and systematic principles of design.
- Students learn about the most widely accepted instructional design model, known as ADDIE (Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation, Evaluation).
- Students explore fundamental learning theories and the ways instructional designers apply these theories to content using the ADDIE framework.
Instructional Design and Development Tools
- This course teaches a practical approach for eLearning development.
- Allows students to put eLearning and instructional design principles into practice.
- Students work with tools commonly used to produce eLearning experiences to develop their own instructional material.
Who Should Attend?
- Teachers and professors
- Non-profit and corporate trainers
- Human Resources specialists
Course 1: Introduction to Instructional Design and Development (#83842)
Course 2: Instructional Design and Development Tools (#83946)
Course 1: Introduction to Instructional Design and Development –
April 20 - June 22, 2015
Once-a-week live online classroom sessions with the instructor will be on Wednesday evenings from 7-8 p.m. for eight weeks. These sessions will be archived for later viewing if the student is unable to participate.
Course 2: Instructional Design and Development Tools (Prerequisite: Course 1)
Coming in 2016!
Online, cohort-based, with asynchronous activities and live online classes
$649 each for two 30-hour courses
Successful graduates of the certificate program, which includes both Introduction to Instructional Design and Development and Instructional Design and Development Tools, will earn:
- A Certificate of Program Completion from the University of Georgia
- 6.0 CEUs for 60 contact hours
- 3 PLUs 30 contact hours*