University of Georgia Office of Public Service and Outreach
The University of Georgia is a national leader in university outreach with faculty, staff and students in all of UGA's schools and colleges contributing to Georgia's short- and long-term prosperity. The Office of Public Service and Outreach enhances quality of life in Georgia by applying the knowledge of the University to the state's evolving economic, social, and community needs.
Since the 1920s, Public Service and Outreach has been the University's ambassador to every corner of the state, translating the land-grant mission into programs and initiatives aimed at improving communities and the daily lives of Georgians. The Georgia Center for Continuing Education is one of eight units within the University's Office of Public Service and Outreach, each focused on serving Georgia and addressing vital issues important to the state and its citizens.
The mission of the Georgia Center for Continuing Education is to enrich lives through learning by providing exceptional programs in a stimulating environment with superior service.
The Georgia Center will design and implement lifelong learning opportunities that serve to enhance the professional and personal development of our clients and customers. Our programs will earn local, national and global recognition for excellence. This Vision demands a Georgia Center that:
- Is focused and clear in its Mission, and thoughtfully swift in the Mission’s implementation
- Has a diverse and creative staff focused on extending the resources of the Georgia Center throughout the world
- Collaborates with strategic partners within the University, state, national and international communities to develop needs-based educational programs
- Effectively communicates its impact and value to existing and new markets, as part of comprehensive marketing strategies and organizational goals
- Sustains and expands its efforts through self-generated funding
Core Business Areas
All activity within the Georgia Center is related to, or is in support of, two core business areas:
The Georgia Center is conveniently located on the University's South Campus and only minutes away from Downtown Athens. Our address is 1197 South Lumpkin Street, Athens, Georgia 30602-3603.
For additional information contact: