Learn the basics of debt issuance in a governmental environment
Debt Administration online course offering the basics of debt issuance in a governmental environment. This training course allows you to progress at your own pace, augmented by consultation with a financial professional, upon request.
Debt Administration online program will familiarize you with the types of debt that governments can issue and the documents that accompany that offering. You will also learn why governments issue debt and the relationship of debt to capital improvement programs. In addition, you will learn about how bonds are rated through the bond rating agencies and how to lower your interest rates without going through the rating process.
The Debt Administration Course offers:
- Self-paced, self-study, online course; accessible anywhere with an Internet connection
- Detailed, state-of-the-art curriculum; a dynamic program written by a outstanding academic and governmental accounting/finance professional
- A downloadable .PDF version of a companion course textbook
- A capstone Case Study
- 10 Lessons
- Why Governments Borrow Money
- Typical Methods of Financing Capital Projects
- Common Types of Debt Issued
- How Bonds Are Rated
- The Players
- Methods of Sale
- Debt Structuring — Interest and Maturities
- Bond Documents
- So, Am I Done Yet?
- The What, Why and When of Refunding Bonds
- Enroll at any time
- Complete the course's required online quizzes and exercises within 30 days of issuance of course access details (i.e., a Welcome email containing the course URL, username and password)
- For more details on "How Does Debt Administration Work?", please click on the downloadable file on right
- For Frequently Asked Questions, please click on the downloadable file on
$179 (US Funds) — Residents of Georgia
$219 (US Funds) — Non-Residents of Georgia
$50 (US Funds) Only one extension is granted per participant. — 1-Month Extension
Prepayment is required to be registered. Prices listed are per person. Prices are subject to change.
Cancellation/Refund Policy: The Georgia Center will gladly issue full refunds for cancellations received in writing prior to the release of course access information. You may cancel your enrollment at any time during the course and receive a refund less a $50 administrative fee, provided that you have not accessed the online course material at all. During the first 10 days of your course, if you have not completed any course work, you may opt for a one-time transfer of your enrollment to another student; the new student (i.e., substitute) would have up to 30 days from the transfer date to complete the course. A course may be transferred only once for a fee of $50 (US). Written requests should be sent to questions [at] georgiacenter [dot] uga [dot] edu
- Local Government Finance Professionals and Paraprofessionals who want to enhance their career skills and professional development opportunities through the Georgia Finance Officer Certification Program
- Governmental Professionals with previous private sector experience who want to gain debt administration knowledge
- State and Local Governmental employees who require knowledge of Debt Administration
- 1.2 CEUs from the University of Georgia
Participants successfully completing the required online assignments will earn 1.2 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) from The University of Georgia. Visit the University of Georgia CEU policies for more detials.
None. A link to the textbook is provided in the course. You can choose to print out the textbook or complete the reading assignment online. Everything you need is built within the online course platform.