Learn the basics of internal controls in a governmental environment
Internal Controls — Accounts Receivable and Cash Receipts is a self-study, 30-day, CEU-awarding course targeting the comprehensive internal controls that should exist for accounts receivable and cash receipts in a governmental environment. This course allows you to progress at your own pace, augmented by consultation with a financial professional, upon request.
Internal Controls — Accounts Receivable and Cash Receipts will familiarize you with the components of a comprehensive internal control system and the importance of internal controls. You will also learn how to determine what is required for a proper segregation of duties within the accounts receivable and cash receipting functions. In addition, you will be provided tools to assist you in determining what duties should be segregated.
- Assess your knowledge through self-tests, interactive exercises, and end-of-lesson quizzes with instant feedback
- Access to a finance professional who will respond to your e-mailed questions
- Refer to the online help for instructions on how to use the software tools and navigate through the course
Internal Controls — Accounts Receivable and Cash Receipts offers:
- Self-paced, self-study, online course; accessible anywhere with an Internet connection
- Detailed, state-of-the-art curriculum; a dynamic program written by a outstanding academic and governmental accounting/finance professional
- A capstone Case Study
- Seven (7) Lessons
- Lesson 1 - Internal Control Review
- Lesson 2 - Importance of Internal Control
- Lesson 3 - Effective Internal Controls Over Cash Receipts
- Lesson 4 - Effective Internal Controls Over Accounts Receivable
- Lesson 5 - Segregation of Duties
- Lesson 6 - Internal Controls Deficiencies
- Lesson 7 - Case Study in Developing Internal Controls for Cash Receipts/Accounts Receivable
- Enroll at any time
- Complete the course's required online quizzes and exercises within 30 days of issuance of course access details (i.e., a Welcome email containing the course URL, username and password)
- To complete this course, you will read the lessons and complete each lesson's exercises and quizzes. At the conclusion of the final lesson, you must also successfully complete an online final examination with a score of 70% or better. Throughout the lessons, you will encounter many different types of interactive exercises, including matching, drag and drop and jumbled words
- For more details on How the Internal Controls — Accounts Receivable and Cash Receipts Course Works, please click on the downloadable file on right
- For Frequently Asked Questions, please click on the downloadable file on right
- $129 (US Funds) – Residents of Georgia
- $169 (US Funds) – Non-Resident of Georgia
- $50 (US Funds) 1-Month Extension (Only one extension is granted per participant)
Prepayment is required to be registered. Prices listed are per person. Prices are subject to change.
The Georgia Center will gladly issue full refunds for cancellations received in writing prior to the release of course access information. You may cancel your enrollment at any time during the course and receive a refund less a $50 administrative fee, provided that you have not accessed the online course material at all. During the first 10 days of your course, if you have not completed any course work, you may opt for a one-time transfer of your enrollment to another student for a fee of $50; the new student (i.e., substitute) would have up one month from the transfer date to complete the course. Written requests should be sent to student [at] georgiacenter [dot] uga [dot] edu.
- Local Government employees who require knowledge of Internal Controls for Accounts Receivable and Cash Receipts
- Professionals, such as CPAs can use this course as a continuing education activity
- Local Government employees who are enrolled in the Local Government Finance Officer Certification Program
- Local Government employees who have achieved the Certified Finance Officer status can use this course as a continuing education activity
- State and Local Governmental employees who require knowledge of Internal Controls
- .6 CEU (6 CPE) from the University of Georgia
For details about the University of Georgia CEU, please click on the downloadable file on right
There are no prerequisites for enrolling in Internal Controls-Accounts Receivable and Cash Receipts.
Textbooks are not required to complete this course. Everything you need is built into the online course.