Learn the legal and political parameters in a governmental environment
Become familiar and gain knowledge of with the legal and political considerations and parameters within which a treasury management system functions. You will also learn how governments utilize investment economics and various investment alternatives. In addition, you will learn about banking systems and how they affect local government treasury management and the concepts of contracting for banking services.
- Assess your knowledge through self-tests and end-of-lesson quizzes with instant feedback
- Access to an finance professional who will respond to your e-mailed questions
- Refer to the online help for instructions on how to use the software tools and navigate through the course
Thirty (30) days to work through the course lessons, including a case study.
To complete this course, you will read the lessons, answer the self-test questions, and complete the online quiz at the conclusion of each lesson; these quizzes are presented to reinforce the information you have learned. In addition, a downloadable .PDF version of a companion course textbook is also available to complete your online reading assignments. At the conclusion of Lesson 10, you must also successfully complete a multiple-choice, online final examination with a score of 70% or better.
$179 — In-State/GA
$219 — Non-Resident
$50 — 1-Month Extension (Only one extension is granted per participant.)
Prepayment is required to be registered. Prices listed are per person. Prices are subject to change.
Cancellation/Refund Policy: The Georgia Center will gladly issue full refunds for cancellations received in writing prior to the release of course access information. You may cancel your enrollment at any time during the course and receive a refund less a $50 administrative fee, provided that you have not accessed the online course material at all. During the first 10 days of your course, if you have not completed any course work, you may opt for a one-time transfer of your enrollment to another student for a fee of $50; the new student (i.e., substitute) would have up to thirty (30) days from the transfer date to complete the course. A course may be transferred only once for a fee of $50 (US). Written requests should be sent to questions [at] georgiacenter [dot] uga [dot] edu
- Local Government Finance Professionals and Paraprofessionals who want to enhance their career skills and professional development opportunities through the Georgia Finance Officer Certification Program
- Governmental Professionals with previous private sector experience who want to gain Treasury Management knowledge
- State and Local Governmental employees who require knowledge of Treasury Management
- 1.2 CEUs from the University of Georgia
- University of Georgia CEU transcripts are available at any time upon written request
None. A link to the textbook is provided in the course. You can choose to print out the textbook or complete the reading assignment online. Everything you need is built within the online course platform.