The Healthcare Management Certificate Program is a 90-hour training program designed to prepare individuals in the healthcare field to become more effective managers and supervisors. Students will increase their overall understanding of management issues and concepts so they can make well-informed decisions. The convenient online program allows students to receive management training while maintaining full-time work schedules.
Each course is supported by an experienced, highly qualified instructor who will check on your progress every 72 hours and provide supportive feedback on your lessons by email.
Modules may be taken in any sequence and can be taken individually, or students can opt to register for any six modules and earn a Certificate of Completion from the University of Georgia. The Healthcare Management Certificate Program modules cover:
- HCM 101 Human Resource Development and Staff Relationships
- HCM 102 Cultural Competency and Diversity Issues
- HCM 103 Leadership Skill Development for the First-Time Supervisor
- HCM 104 Management Ethics and Values-Based Decision-Making
- HCM 105 Finances and Accounting for the Non-Accountant Manager
- HCM 106 Systems Thinking and the Management Team
- HCM 107 Project Management Fundamentals for Healthcare
- HCM 108 Healthcare Reform: Managing Effectively in a Changing Environment
Varies depending on module
Individual Module Duration: Students have 30 days to complete each module upon release of the module’s access information (URL, username and password).
Six Modules/Full Certificate Program Duration: Certificate Program students have up to nine months to complete any six modules.
$299 – Individual module
$1698 – Any six modules/Full certificate program
Group discounts are available:
2-5 employees: $50 discount per person from the certificate program fee
6 or more employees: $99 discount per person from the certificate program fee
- Physicians, nurses, physicians’ assistants, therapists, laboratory technicians, social workers, and other healthcare professionals who have recently been promoted or accepted a position as a manager or supervisor.
- Current managers or supervisors in healthcare settings, such as hospitals, physicians’ offices, rehabilitation centers, etc.
- Healthcare systems looking to provide cost-effective training opportunities to supplement an internal training agenda or professional development plan
- Managers and supervisors in other fields seeking to enter the Healthcare profession.
- 1.5 CEUs for each completed course module
- 9.0 CEUs for the completion of any six course modules of the Healthcare Management Certificate Program
- Certificate of Completion from the University of Georgia and Georgia LEADS
- Completion of Modules 1 through 7 qualifies for 10.5 Continuing Education Credits from the Georgia Nurses Association
The minimum requirement for participation is an associate's degree from an accredited technical school, college or university, or equivalent experience.
This continuing nursing education activity was approved by the Georgia Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation for 10.5 contact hours. Phone 706-542-3537 for details.
The Healthcare Management Certificate Program was developed in partnership with the Georgia Nurses Association, the University of Georgia Center for Continuing Education, the University System of Georgia.