Fundamentals of Project Management is designed for anyone who wants to learn more about project management principles and how they can be applied in the workplace. It is also designed for team leaders who want to implement planning and control processes in the workplace.
In this course, students will:
- Determine project objectives and requirements from the scope of work
- Identify triple constraints and prioritize
- Develop a project charter
- Create a work breakdown structure (WBS) from a class project scenario
- From WBS, generate a network diagram and Gantt chart
- Analyze all resource conflicts from project tasks, cost data, and resource information
- Determine the risks in order to develop a risk matrix
- Investigate various ways to communicate within an organization
- Analyze and discuss the necessity for roles, team-building, and motivation
Students will need to have an actual project scenario in mind before the first day of class. During the three weeks between days two and three, students will apply their new knowledge and skills to their individual projects. On day three, the class will reconvene to discuss the results and lessons learned.
This course is available by request for groups of 10 or more! Please contact Amy Skelton at 706-542-3537 for more information.
Please call to request a quote.
- Individuals interested in becoming a professional project manager
- Project managers seeking professional development or contact hours
- Managers, supervisors and individuals who want to learn project management skills and processes through an in-depth project management program
- 1.8 CEUs/18 PDUs
Jan Smid, MPM
Jan Smid has a master's degree in Project Management (MPM) and a Bachelor of Science degree in Education. She is both a business and academic professional with a wide range of curriculum development, assessment and training experience. She is President of Corporate-Copia, LLC, a project management and leadership training, and curriculum development organization. Jan is an active member of the Project Management Institute (PMI). She held the offices of Public Relations (PR) Chair for the Sales and Marketing Special Interest Group (SIG) and was on the Member Advisory Board for PMI National. Jan has presented papers at the PMI national conference and at Professional Development Day Symposia for PMI for the past ten years.
"PMI" is a service and trademark of the Project Management Institute, Inc. which is registered in the United States and other nations. "PMP" is a certification mark of the Project Management Institute which is registered in the United States and other nations.