Are you interested in developing some of the most in-demand skills in the business world? Project Management Certificate Program provides thorough coverage of what it takes to manage simple and complex projects from start to finish, on time, and within budget. By completing this course, you will gain an understanding of the standards of project management presented in the Project Management Institute (PMI®) PMBOK® Guide. You will also gain valuable skills necessary for work as a project manager in any industry.
The course includes topics such as the life cycle of a project, project management processes, professional responsibility of a project manager, and, if you are planning to take the PMP Certification Exam, this course will provide the project management education hours you need to qualify for PMI's PMP Certification Exam.
Project Management Certificate Program covers the ten knowledge areas presented in the PMBOK® Guide.
- Project Scope Management
- Project Time Management
- Project Human Resource Management
- Project Procurement Management
- Project Communication Management
- Project Integration Management
- Project Risk Management
- Project Quality Management
- Project Cost Management
- Project Stakeholders Management
Each participant will receive a 3-ring binder with comprehensive handouts covered in class, a copy of A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) – Fifth Edition, and other appropriate study materials as identified by the instructor.
Tuesdays and Wednesdays
8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Managers, supervisors and individuals who want to learn project management skills and processes through an in-depth project management program
- Experienced project managers who have no formal project management instruction
- Project managers seeking project management contact hours to sit for the certification examination
- 3.6 CEUs/36 PDUs
- Certificate of Completion from the University of Georgia and Corporate-Copia, LLC
Jan Smid, MPM
Jan Smid has a master's degree in Project Management (MPM) and a Bachelor of Science degree in Education. She is both a business and academic professional with a wide range of curriculum development, assessment and training experience. She is President of Corporate-Copia, LLC, a project management and leadership training, and curriculum development organization. Jan is an active member of the Project Management Institute (PMI). She held the offices of Public Relations (PR) Chair for the Sales and Marketing Special Interest Group (SIG) and was on the Member Advisory Board for PMI National. Jan has presented papers at the PMI national conference and at Professional Development Day Symposia for PMI for the past ten years.
"PMI" is a service and trademark of the Project Management Institute, Inc. which is registered in the United States and other nations. "PMP" is a certification mark of the Project Management Institute which is registered in the United States and other nations.