Help executives turn their weaknesses into strengths!
Gain the prestige and credibility of being university-certified in the Sherpa Executive Coaching Process. The Sherpa Executive Coaching Certification Program earns the University of Georgia's Executive Coaching Certification. This three-month program will make you more effective as a leader and facilitator, adding skills and credentials needed to become a top-level executive coach.
The program is based on the book The Sherpa Guide: Process-Driven Executive Coaching by Brenda Corbett and Judith Colemon Kinebrew; classes are taught by the authors. After two weeks in the classroom, you will apply your new skills with a practicum client that will include regular weekly phone conferences with your instructor. A designation of Certified Executive Coach is granted upon successful completion of the 60-hour program.
The Sherpa Executive Coaching Certification training covers:
- Mastery of the Sherpa executive coaching process; the system for contemporary coaching
- How to evaluate and attain your full potential and the potential of your clients
- A proven process for improving a client's business behavior, permanently
- Effective communications for developing increased individual and team productivity
- How to effectively use Sherpa executive coaching course materials for future workshops, seminars and team coaching opportunities
Learn more about Executive Coaching with these informational videos!
The Sherpa Executive Coaching Certification Program is provided through the partnership of the University of Georgia and Sherpa Coaching, LLC.
Executive coaching is a process of facilitation, detailed and clearly documented, that creates positive change in business behavior. An executive coach is an expert facilitator who works one-on-one, meeting frequently with an executive or senior manager to create positive changes in business behavior within a fixed time frame. The Sherpa process for coaching is a detailed, open-source set of practices and standards that directs the activities of an executive coach. This process creates the only comprehensive rational / technical foundation for the coaching profession. The Sherpa Coaching certification is designed to bring process, clarity and competence to executive coaching.
- Week #1 October 7-11, 2013
- Week #2 November 11-14, 2013 (Participation in both weeks is required.)
Enroll early! Registration is limited and will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. Prepayment is required to be registered. To guarantee your enrollment, including onsite lodging, the deadline is September 6, 2013, for the Fall 2013 session. We will continue to accept enrollments after that date if space is still available.
The two-week, time-phased format allows for immediate practice of skills learned. During the period between sessions, you will return home and apply your new skills in your work with a practicum coaching client. You will also talk with your instructors weekly as the practicum coaching experience unfolds. There is also a (6-week) post-course assignment included in this program
Room number to be determined
For more details on course fee and cancellation policy download the Program Fees and Lodging pdf.
- Human resource managers, training and development professionals, corporate trainers, veteran business or career coaches, professionals responsible for developmental coaching, etc.
- Independent business or career coaches looking to start a coaching or consulting business or enhance their current coaching or consulting business
- Individuals seeking employment as a professional executive coach
- Individuals seeking an executive coaching certification
- Coaches (not currently certified) needing a crisp, precise process that ensures repeatable success
- Training professionals desiring to create or enhance an internal coaching program
Distinguishing characteristics of Sherpa Coaching Certification
Credible: Offered by colleges and universities with author oversight. The only process endorsed by multiple universities, eight in all.
Clear: Detailed, based on a clearly defined and widely available methodology.
Consistent: Uses a single, universal, flexible resource set for all executive coaching.
Precise: Business focused, with no overlap with counseling and therapy.
Principled: Managed by coaching professionals with the industry's best interest at heart.
Upon successful completion of the required assignments, you will earn the designation of Certified Executive Coach from Sherpa Coaching LLC as well as University of Georgia Continuing Education Units (CEUs). Click here for details about the University of Georgia CEU.
Program details are subject to change.
The Sherpa Executive Coaching Certification Program is taught by Brenda Corbett, Judith Colemon Kinebrew and/or Rubi Ho.
The Sherpa Guide: Process-Driven Executive Coaching sets the standard for "how to coach" books and for the field of executive coaching itself. The book is packed with actionable items—tips, tricks and techniques for an executive coach to use with any client. A copy of The Sherpa Guide: Process-Driven Executive Coaching is included in the registration fee.