The University of Georgia Center for Continuing Education Event and Meeting Management Certificate Program will help you develop the "Big" event for your organization or client. This program covers all of the components necessary for finding the perfect location to match your goals and objectives; selecting suitable and safe food and beverage; adding color, lighting, sound for special effects; developing internal and external marketing ; contracting the most appropriate financial and legal arrangements; keeping the participants and event itself safe; and coming in on budget. Being an effective planner requires broad knowledge from leadership skills to vendor relations to fiduciary expertise, all of which will be presented in the program.
This 14 year old program is taught by savvy industry professionals who travel the U.S. and the world working on meetings and events for independent, corporate, association and government clients. Together they represent more than 200 years of industry experience. The expertise, knowledge of trends in the industry, and professional contacts will help you identify your future in this dynamic industry.
The program is endorsed by the Georgia Chapter of Meeting Professionals International (GaMPI). As a student in the program, you may apply for Student Membership.in MPI. Through this program, participant can accrue contact (learning) hours toward sitting for or recertifying for the Certified Meeting Professional (CMP) designation. This program meets the requirements for Continuing Education Hours for CMP candidates.
Fall 2013 – Five Saturdays; attendance required for each session:
September 21, 2013
– Setting the Foundation-Best Practices in Meeting Management
October 5, 2013
– Budgeting the Event or Meeting (AM)
– Marketing the Event or Meeting (PM)
– Event Sourcing and Site Selection (AM)
– Strategic Communications and Food & Beverage (PM)
– Special Events (AM)
– Technology and Audio Visuals (PM)
– Contracts and Risk Management (AM & PM)
– Professional Development (PM)
The November 2 session will tentatively be held in the Classic Tents & Events headquarters in Atlanta
- Event and Meeting Planners seeking to expand their skills and gain knowledge that can be applied immediately
- Hospitality employees, trainers, lodging and restaurant personnel, human resources managers, seminar planners, exhibition planners, conference center directors, sales and marketing managers, administrative personnel, and others seeking to expand their career paths with the skills necessary to plan efficient and effective events and meetings
Your attendance is required at all six sessions in order for you to receive your "Certificate of Program Completion."
Please questions [at] georgiacenter [dot] uga [dot] edu (click here) to add your name to our mailing list to receive updates on future courses.
Military Funding Information:
The Conference and Meeting Management Certificate Program has been approved by the Department of Veterans Services to receive GI Bill funding. Spouses of active duty military members that are eligible for MYCAA and active duty military members that are eligible for Air Force TA and Army TA may contact their education service officer to apply for course approval. For more information regarding military funding for this course, visit our Financial and Military Assistance page or contact our office at 706-542-3537.
- Tim Barrett (CMP)
- Connie Bergeron (CMP)
- Melissa Dutton (CHSE)
- Joan Eisenstodt
- James M. Goldberg, Esq.
- Lee J. Howard
- Adriel Jones (CMP)
- Gregg S. Lauer (CMP)
- Andrew McDonald
The Event and Meeting Management Certificate Program is endorsed by the Georgia Chapter of Meeting Professionals International (GaMPI) and calendar listed by Georgia Society of Association Executives.