Meet top-notch instructors. Tap their expertise to plan great meetings—and keep attendees coming back.
People in all types of organizations—from local businesses and governments to global corporations—rely on outside meetings to share information, gain knowledge, and connect with peers.
As a professional in the meetings industry, you need to keep pace with this dynamic, fast-paced field. In tough economic times, are you getting the best rates? Are you selecting the best sites? Are you on top of industry trends and new technologies? What can you do to keep attendees coming back, year after year?
The University of Georgia's Conference and Meeting Management Certificate Program is a series of six Saturday classes in metro Atlanta. The program provides participants with insights and new tools to better design and plan all types of events. Participants who complete the program will be better able to select appropriate sites, negotiate contracts with vendors and facilities, navigate obstacles, and manage events from start to finish. The instructors, all active in the meetings and hospitality industry, are highly energetic. They win outstanding evaluations from participants (see comments below).
Don't miss this opportunity to expand your career with new insights, practical tips, new industry relationships, and a wealth of knowledge from expert, enlightening instructors.
The Conference and Meeting Management Certificate Program will:
- Provide participants with valuable meeting planning knowledge to apply immediately.
- Expand industry relationships through networking with peers and instructors.
- Enhance opportunities for advancement in the meetings and hospitality industry.
Evaluation comments from 2011 participants:
- "Concise, interesting, and completely relevant."
- "So many tools I can use starting tomorrow!"
- "Excellent tools, checklists, and negotiation ideas."
- Various comments about instructors: "Engaging." "Very detail oriented." "Well-prepared and so informative!" "Very knowledgeable." "Thorough and entertaining." "Very open and informative."
The next session will be held Fall 2013.
Please see kiosk at entrance of building for room information.
$1089 (US Funds)
- Meeting and event planners seeking to expand their skills and gain knowledge that can be applied immediately
- Human resource managers, trainers, lodging and restaurant personnel, seminar planners, exhibition planners, conference center directors, and others seeking to expand their career paths with the skills necessary to plan efficient and effective conferences, meetings and special events
Your attendance is required at all six sessions in order for you to receive your "Certificate of Program Completion."
Please questions [at] georgiacenter [dot] uga [dot] edu (click here) to add your name to our mailing list to receive updates on future courses.
Military Funding Information:
The Conference and Meeting Management Certificate Program has been approved by the Department of Veterans Services to receive GI Bill funding. Spouses of active duty military members that are eligible for MYCAA and active duty military members that are eligible for Air Force TA and Army TA may contact their education service officer to apply for course approval. For more information regarding military funding for this course, visit our Financial and Military Assistance page or contact our office at 706-542-3537.
Kevin M. Gaffney
James M. Goldberg
Lee J. Howard
Gregg S. Lauer
Kathy Brooks Rhodes
Sharon L. Seay
The Conference and Meeting Management Certificate Program is endorsed by the Georgia Chapter of Meeting Professionals International (GaMPI).