Learn all aspects of the grant writing process — from effectively writing and researching to obtaining and then maintaining the grants you win. Whether you work in the private, public or government sphere, the Grant Writing Online Training Program will teach you what it takes to get funded.
Key points of the curriculum include:
- Locating available grants
- Fundamental elements of a proposal
- Proposal preparation skills
- Roles of non-profit board of directors and the management team
- Basic legal writing, including analytical reasoning
- Standard editorial and formatting skills
- Formation, maintenance and dissolution of various business entities
- Maximizing fundraising opportunities
The University of Georgia Center for Continuing Education is pleased to offer this course in partnership with ed2go Online Career Training.
Katherine Squires Pang, J.D., LL.M., M.Ed received her B.A. in 1980 from Clark University, her J.D. from the University of Dayton Law School in 1982, her LL.M in Taxation from Georgetown University Law School in 1983, and her M.Ed from the University of Texas in 2001. She has practiced law with national law firms since 1983, ran for the United States Senate in California in 1994, and was appointed by Governor Wilson as a Commissioner to the WCAB from 1994 to 1996. Dr. Pang has served as an adjunct faculty member in the Graduate School of Management at the University of Texas, Dallas, and has been an adjunct faculty member in the law and business schools of many universities, including the Stern School of Business at New York University, Pepperdine University, USC, Golden Gate University, and the University of California, Irvine.
In addition to having over 20 years of law firm experience, Dr. Pang has founded several companies, including LawPrep, Inc., LawPrep Press, Inc., Legal EdNet.com, and EdWay Online.
Basic computer and Internet skills. The program is open to anyone interested in mastering grant writing.
This program must be taken from a PC. It is compatible with the Windows XP and later operating systems and Internet Explorer 7 and later browsers. Internet connection required (high speed recommended). Also required: Adobe Reader, Flash Plug-in, QuickTime plug-in (all free downloads).
You'll receive the following required textbooks:
- Budgeting for Managers
- Practical Grant Writing and Program Evaluation
- How to Manage an Effective Non-Profit Organization
- Demystifying Grant Seeking
- The Elements of Technical Writing
- Grammar Essentials
This is a six-month course (one free six-month extension is allowed).