As the world becomes more inclusive and we interact more than ever before with others from unfamiliar cultures, we are increasingly challenged to be creative and effective as managers. Since success in management relies heavily on the performance of employees, good leaders will seek ways to capitalize on the strengths of all coworkers and to embrace the teamwork that ensues. In this class, you will learn foundational skills to apply to multicultural relationships in your workplace. You will examine your personal culture and apply the knowledge in your role as a manager or supervisor who works with people of many cultures in a healthcare setting.
Each course is supported by an experienced, highly qualified instructor who will check on your progress every 72 hours and provide supportive feedback on your lessons by email.
Individual Module Duration: Students have 30 days to complete this module upon release of the module’s access information (URL, username and password).
Six Modules/Full Certificate Program Duration: Certificate Program students have up to nine months to complete any six modules.
$299 – Individual module
$1698 – Any six modules/Full certificate program
Group discounts are available:
2-5 employees: $50 discount per person from the certificate program fee
6 or more employees: $99 discount per person from the certificate program fee
- Physicians, nurses, physicians’ assistants, therapists, laboratory technicians, social workers, and other healthcare professionals who have recently been promoted or accepted a position as a manager or supervisor.
- Current managers or supervisors in healthcare settings, such as hospitals, physicians’ offices, rehabilitation centers, etc.
- Healthcare systems looking to provide cost-effective training opportunities to supplement an internal training agenda or professional development plan
- Managers and supervisors in other fields seeking to enter the Healthcare profession.
- 1.5 CEUs for each completed course module
- 9.0 CEUs for the completion of any six course modules of the Healthcare Management Certificate Program
- Certificate of Completion from the University of Georgia and Georgia LEADS
- Completion of Modules 1 through 7 qualifies for 10.5 Continuing Education Credits from the Georgia Nurses Association
Christina (Chrissy) Dent, MSN, RN, Instructor
Human Resources Development and Staff Relationships (HCM101)
Cultural Competency and Diversity Issues I Healthcare Management (HCM102)
Management Ethics and Values-Based Decision Making (HCM104)
Vicki Flier, Content Author
Cultural Competency and Diversity Issues in Healthcare Management (HCM102)
Jan Smith, EdD, Editor and Project Manager
Healthcare Management Certificate Program
For complete instructors information see the downloadable content listed on the right.
The minimum requirement for participation is an associate's degree from an accredited technical school, college or university, or equivalent experience.
If you are a new student and you are registering for the complete 6-module Certificate Program, begin at the Healthcare Management Certificate Program Page. For details, contact 706-542-3537.
This continuing nursing education activity was approved by the Georgia Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation for 10.5 contact hours. Phone 706-542-3537 for details.
The Healthcare Management Certificate Program was developed in partnership with the Georgia Nurses Association, the University of Georgia Center for Continuing Education, the University System of Georgia, and Georgia LEADS.