In Management Ethics and Values-Based Decision Making, you will explore the basic principles of ethics and the application of ethics in the health care management environment. You will explore how your personal ethics and values, and those of your organization and employees, affect your decision-making as a manager or supervisor. Specific examples will be given to explain the application of ethical principles in the health care management setting, and selected laws based in ethical concerns specifically related to health care will be analyzed and the responsibilities of the manager addressed. Differentiation between ethical and legal concerns will also be clarified, and opportunities given to recognize and define ethical dilemmas and conflicts in management. Finally, you will utilize ethical decision-making processes and frameworks to analyze and resolve ethical issues in management.
Each course is supported by an experienced, highly qualified instructor who will check on your progress every 72 hours and provide supportive feedback on your lessons by email.
Individual Module Duration: Students have 30 days to complete this module upon release of the module’s access information (URL, username and password).
Six Modules/Full Certificate Program Duration: Certificate Program students have up to nine months to complete any six modules.
$299 – Individual module
$1698 – Any six modules/Full certificate program
Group discounts are available:
2-5 employees: $50 discount per person from the certificate program fee
6 or more employees: $99 discount per person from the certificate program fee
- Physicians, nurses, physicians’ assistants, therapists, laboratory technicians, social workers, and other healthcare professionals who have recently been promoted or accepted a position as a manager or supervisor.
- Current managers or supervisors in healthcare settings, such as hospitals, physicians’ offices, rehabilitation centers, etc.
- Healthcare systems looking to provide cost-effective training opportunities to supplement an internal training agenda or professional development plan
- Managers and supervisors in other fields seeking to enter the Healthcare profession.
- 1.5 CEUs for each completed course module
- 9.0 CEUs for the completion of any six course modules of the Healthcare Management Certificate Program
- Certificate of Completion from the University of Georgia and Georgia LEADS
- Completion of Modules 1 through 7 qualifies for 10.5 Continuing Education Credits from the Georgia Nurses Association
Christina (Chrissy) Dent, MSN, RN, Instructor
Human Resources Development and Staff Relationships (HCM101)
Cultural Competency and Diversity Issues I Healthcare Management (HCM102)
Management Ethics and Values-Based Decision Making (HCM104)
Brenda Talley, RN, Ph.D., CNAA, Content Author
Leadership Skill Development for the First-Time Supervisor (HCM103)
Management Ethics & Values-Based Decision-Making (HCM104)
Jan Smith, Ed.D., Editor and Project Developer
Healthcare Management Certificate Program
For complete instructors information see the downloadable content listed on the right.
The minimum requirement for participation is an associate's degree from an accredited technical school, college or university, or equivalent experience.
If you are a new student and you are registering for the complete 6-module Certificate Program, begin at the Healthcare Management Certificate Program Page. For details, contact 706-542-3537.
This continuing nursing education activity was approved by the Georgia Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation for 10.5 contact hours. Phone 706-542-3537 for details.
The Healthcare Management Certificate Program was developed in partnership with the Georgia Nurses Association, the University of Georgia Center for Continuing Education, the University System of Georgia, and Georgia LEADS.