The instruction in the Paralegal Certificate Program is practice-oriented and relates to those areas of law in which paralegals are in most demand. Students will be trained to interview witnesses, investigate complex fact patterns, research the law, prepare legal documents, and assist in preparing cases for courtroom litigation. This program will help students increase their office's efficiency, productivity, and billable hours as well as learn new marketable job skills. Benefits to the DVD formats:
- Students can review the material as many times as necessary for full retention of the information.
- Students can direct questions to the instructor via a toll-free number.
- Students have access to twenty-nine (29) hours of a taped live lecture.
- Students have up to 12 months to complete the program. (California paralegals may need to complete Advanced Paralegal coursework to meet the requirements of new legislation, California Business and Professional Code S6450.)
- Students submit your assignments and exams via e-mail or fax.
The Paralegal Certificate Program is offered in partnership by the University of Georgia Center for Continuing Education and the Center for Legal Studies.
- Individuals seeking paralegal training and skills necessary for a career as a paralegal
- Current paralegals wanting to increase their office's efficiency, productivity, and billable hours as well as learn new marketable job skills
8.4 Continuing Education Units
This program is coordinated by our educational partner, The Center for Legal Studies, one of America's most respected legal education training centers. They offer legal programs nationally since 1980. These courses are taught by experienced legal and educational professionals selected by the Center for Legal Studies.
Textbooks are available from the Center for Legal Studies for approximately $515(US). To order your textbooks please call 800-522-7737 or visit The Center for Legal Studies.