This conference is designed to bring educators and outstanding students together to connect in conversations about active learning and student engagement. Attendees are higher education faculty, administrators, and students from the University System of Georgia and the Southeast Region.
The focus of this conference is Best Practices for Promoting Engaged Student Learning:
- through the development of critical thinking
- by using active learning pedagogies
- through the effective use of distance and blended learning
- by developing collaborative models
- by connecting with social networking and mobile learning.
Based on the conference goals, session topics may address any of a wide range of topics related to active and engaged learning. Areas of interest include but are not limited to:
- Developing Students’ Critical Thinking Skills
- Distance Learning/Blended Learning
- Collaborative Models
- Connected & Mobile Learning
For additional information please visit: USG Teaching and Learning Conference website.
Keynote Speaker – Dr. Elizabeth Barkley, internationally known scholar, educator, and consultant is currently scheduled to present the interactive keynote session, "Terms of Engagement: Understanding and Promoting Student Engagement in Today's College Classroom."
Registration Fee on/before March 15, 2013 – $135
Registration Fee after March 15, 2013 – $175
Student Registration – $35
Exhibitor Registration – please see attached exhibitor information
Event Cancellation Policies
(1) A cancellation received by 5:00 p.m. ET on or before March 28, 2013 will be refunded, minus a $35 processing fee. No refunds will be issued thereafter; substitutions will be allowed. (2) To change or cancel your registration, call 800-884-1381, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. ET. (3) If an event is cancelled for any reason, the UGA Hotel and Conference Center will not be responsible for any charges related to travel.
You’ll be given the opportunity to make a hotel reservation as you proceed through the online registration process.
If you require special services, contact Nette Penn at 706-542-6658, or Nette.Penn@georgiacenter.uga at least 5 business days before your event. Dietary restrictions should be indicated on the registration form or during the online registration process.