The 48th Annual Georgia Children’s Book Awards and Conference on Children’s Literature is a two-day conference for teachers, media specialists, teacher educators, administrators, public librarians, and parents. Attendees will hear notable children’s authors and illustrators, and celebrate the Georgia Book Awards. It is also the state level competition of the Helen Ruffin Reading Bowl. We hope to see you there!
The Georgia Children’s Book Award is an organization committed to rewarding, recognizing, and promoting excellence in children's literature.
- David Biedrzycki, 2016 GCBA Picturebook Award Author/Illustrator
- Natalie Lloyd, 2016 GCBA Book (Grades 4-8) Award Author
- Duncan Tonatiuh, Pura Belpre and Sibert Awards Recipient
- Kelly Bingham, Local Author Spotlight
- Kathryn White, International Author Spotlight
- Participant on or before February 10th: $165
- Participant after February 10th: $195
- Student Participant (not including lunch): $65
- Student Participant (includes lunch): $95
- Author Workshops: $10 each – limit of 30 participants per workshop. You can attend one workshop or all five! These are in addition to the general sessions available to all participants.
- Exhibitor: $400
Deadline to Register: March 3, 2017
Event Cancellation Policies: (1) A cancellation received by 5:00 p.m. ET on or before Friday, March 10, 2017 will be refunded, minus a $35 processing fee. No refunds will be issued thereafter; substitutions will be allowed. (2) To change or cancel your registration, call 706-542-7493, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. ET. (3) If an event is cancelled for any reason, the UGA Center for Continuing Education & Hotel will not be responsible for any charges related to travel.
You will be given the opportunity to make a hotel reservation as you proceed through the online registration process.
Registration Contact: The Georgia Center
Special Needs: If you require special services, contact Jean Mann at Jean.Mann@georgiacenter.uga.edu by Friday, March 10, 2017.
Dietary restrictions should be indicated on the registration form or during the registration process.