The 47th Annual Georgia Children’s Book Awards and Conference on Children’s Literature is a two day conference for teachers, media specialists, teacher educators, administrators, public librarians, and parents. Attendees will hear notable children’s authors and illustrators, and celebrate the Georgia Book Awards. It is also the state level competition of the Helen Ruffin Reading Bowl. We hope to see you there!
The Georgia Children's Book Award is an organization committed to rewarding, recognizing, and promoting excellence in children's literature.
- Patricia McKissack, 2015 GCBA Picturebook Winner: Author
- Eric Velazquez, 2015 GCBA Picturebook Winner: Illustrator
- Carmen Agra Deedy, Local Author Spotlight
- Michael Dooling, Non-Fiction Author & Illustrator
- Alan Gratz, 2015-2016 GCBA Nominee Author
- Participant on or before February 15: $165
- Participant after 2/15: $195
- Student Participant (not including lunch): $65
- Student Participant (includes lunch): $95
- Author Workshops: $10 each – limit of 30 participants per workshop. You can attend one workshop or all five! These are in addition to the general sessions available to all participants.
- Exhibitor: $400
Deadline to Register: March 4, 2016
Event Cancellation Policies: (1) A cancellation received by 6:00 p.m. ET on or before March 11, 2016 will be refunded, minus a $35 processing fee. No refunds will be issued thereafter; substitutions will be allowed. (2) To change or cancel your registration, call (800) 884-1381, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. ET. (3) If an event is cancelled for any reason, the UGA Hotel and Conference Center will not be responsible for any charges related to travel.
Registration Contact: The Georgia Center
Special Needs: If you require special services, contact Jean Mann at firstname.lastname@example.org by March 11, 2016.
Dietary restrictions should be indicated on the registration form or during the registration process.