“Three R’s of Hospice and Palliative Care...
Regulations, Reality and Reputation.
Are We Making the Grade?”
Each year, GHPCO strives to create an annual educational conference focused on leadership and clinical topics from a variety of local, regional and national experts. This year’s theme, “Three R’s of Hospice and Palliative Care...Regulations, Reality and Reputation. Are We Making the Grade?” provides a broad platform from which to discuss the changes in our system of care delivery which includes palliative medicine and hospice. How do we maintain Regulatory compliance while providing end-of-life care? What is the Reality of providing care to people who are living with advanced illness? How do we enhance our Reputation with patients and their families while meeting the demands of hospice and palliative medicine? Are we Making the Grade related to the principles of leadership, care delivery, process improvement, quality, and ethics and thereby enhancing the quality and effectiveness of care?
Join us at the Georgia Hospice and Palliative Care Organization's (GHPCO) Annual Leadership and Education Conference as we explore all the ways we can build upon basic skills and concepts to foster innovation that allows us to LISTEN to our patients and our industry as we seek to provide the highest quality hospice and palliative care throughout Georgia.
Visit the Georgia Hospice and Pallative Care Organization web site for additional details.
- Preconference on January 30, 2017 – Palliative Care Palliative Care-Food, Futility and the Future – Kathleen Benton/Dr. Ackerman, Kathy Kinlaw, Anna Skold, MD or Palmetto, GBA 2017 Updates and the Health Information Supply Chain – Dan George, Charles Canaan and Dr. Harry Feliciano and Kathy Merrill
- Main Conference on January 31, 2017 – February 1, 2017
- Opening Plenary Speaker January 31, 2017 – Jason Lesandrini, PhD(c), Wellstar Health System
- Closing Plenary Speaker February 1, 2017 – Sarah McKinnon, MA, Catalyst Coaching & Consulting
All sponsors can be found at the Georgia Hospice and Palliative Care Organization web site (the sponsors are at the bottom).
- Pre-Conference (either track): $149 members, $199 non-members
- Main Conference: $349 members, $469 non-members
- BEST DEAL - SPECIAL Package: Register for all 3 days
Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday: $399 members, $569 non-members
- Tuesday only: $199 members, $249 non-members
- Wednesday only: $169 members, $219 non-members
Costs include: registration, breakfast, lunch, breaks, handout materials on CD, and continuing education credits. PARKING IS NOT INCLUDED and is charged separately – please plan accordingly. There is one Parking Pass issued per Hotel Room.
ALL registrations after January 17, 2017 will incur a $25 processing fee. You may register online, by mail, by fax, or by phone as indicated.
Event Cancellation Policies: (1) A cancellation received by 5:00 p.m. ET on or before January 23, 2017, will be refunded, minus a $35 processing fee. No refunds will be issued thereafter; substitutions will be allowed. (2) To change or cancel your registration, call (706) 542-7493, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. ET. (3) If an event is cancelled for any reason, the UGA Hotel and Conference Center will not be responsible for any charges related to travel.
You will be given the opportunity to make a hotel reservation as you proceed through the online registration process. Please refer to GHPCO’s room block code 82812. Room block expires on January 5, 2017.
Paula Sanders, State Executive Director
Registration Contact: The Georgia Center
Special Needs: If you require special services, contact Jean Mann at Jean.Mann@georgiacenter.uga.edu by January 23, 2017.
Dietary restrictions should be indicated on the registration form or during the registration process.