The University of Georgia will host the 2013 Georgia Water Resources Conference, a biennial forum to discuss issues facing the state's water resources, April 10 and 11, 2103 in Athens, Georgia at the UGA Hotel and Conference Center at The Georgia Center.
The conference provides an ideal forum where environmental professionals, homeowner associations, farmers, foresters and local governments to discuss water policies, research projects and water management in order to prepare for and meet the growing challenges which face the state's economy while preserving our natural resources.
The conference will feature oral discussions, poster presentations, panel discussions, workshops and field trips.
Go to the Georgia Water Resources Conference web site to submit an abstract for a paper, poster, panel discussion, workshop or field trip.
Topics include: sustainable infrastructure, water planning and management at regional and state levels, resource assessments, stormwater management and mitigation, flooding response and impacts, drought occurrences and impacts, and water use estimation and efficiency.
Are you interested in being an exhibitor for this conference? If so, please download the exhibitor form.
- REGISTRATION FEES INCLUDE sessions, lunches, and breaks. Evening social is not included.
- ALL PRESENTERS are expected to register and pay the appropriate registration fee; registration is NOT complimentary for presenters.
- STUDENTS will be asked to provide their Professor's name during the registration process.
FULL CONFERENCE (2 Days, Wednesday AND Thursday)
- Participant: $110 (On or Before 4/9/13), $150 (onsite)
- Student: $70 (On or Before 4/9/13), $100 (onsite)
ONE DAY (Must choose which day: Wednesday OR Thursday)
- Participant: $65 (On or Before 4/9/13), $105 (onsite)
- Student: $40 (On or Before 4/9/13), $70 (onsite)
Event Cancellation Policies:
- A cancellation received by 5:00 p.m. ET on or before April 3, 2013, will be refunded, minus a $35 processing fee. No refunds will be issued thereafter; substitutions will be allowed.
- To change or cancel your registration, call 800-884-1381, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. ET.
- If an event is cancelled for any reason, the UGA Hotel and Conference Center will not be responsible for any charges related to travel.
You will be given the opportunity to make a hotel reservation as you proceed through the online registration process.
If you require special services or have dietary restrictions, please contact Jean Mann at Jean.Mann@georgiacenter.uga.edu, by April 3, 2013.