Georgia URISA, SAMSOG, and GITA Southeast are joining together for the Georgia Geospatial Conference of 2012 to be held on October 16th, 17th, and 18th, 2012 at the UGA Conference Center.
If you are a practitioner, student, or otherwise interested, in the fields of either surveying and/or geographic information systems, please make plans to attend the largest geospatial conference in Georgia. For three days, you will have the chance to network with peers, share projects and ideas, and learn where everyone is in the geospatial industry. On October 16th, there will be workshops covering everything from programming to open source GIS. On October 17th and 18th, you will hear from leaders in the surveying & GIS fields; practitioners sharing papers; and presentations about surveying & GIS in utility infrastructure, biology, LiDAR, and remote sensing. On Thursday, we are also having an afternoon session devoted to future leaders in the GIS field: students.
For conference information, visit the Georgia Geospatial Conference website.
Pre-Conference Workshop: October 16, 2012
8-Hour Workshops (8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.)
Please indicate which workshop you will be attending on the registration form:
- Adding “G” to your “IS” – Leveraging the Power of Geography in your Business Information: Instructor – Darko Poletto, President of Spatial Knowledge Engineering Inc.
- Introduction to Quantum GIS: Instructor – Randal Hale, GISP, President of North River Geographic Systems, Inc.
- Tax Assessment Basics for GIS Analyst: Instructor – Jimmy Nolan, Project Manager with the Carl Vinson Institute Of Government – University of Georgia
*Note: Students can earn 0.2 GISP points toward GISP Certification for attending either one of the above 8-hour GIS workshops.
8-Hour Workshops Fees
- Regular – paid on or before 10/5/12, $200; after 10/5/12, $250
- Student – paid on or before 10/5/12, $75; after 10/5/12, $75
4-Hour SAMSOG Surveyor Workshop (1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.)
Datum and Mapping Projections for Surveying and GIS: Instructor - Lonnie Sears, R.L.S., President of eGPS Solutions
Note: Land Surveyors will receive 4 PDH for attending this 4-hour surveyor workshop. GIS Professionals can also earn 0.1 GISP points toward GISP certification for attending this workshop:
4-hour Surveyor Workshop Fees
- Regular – paid on or before 10/5/12, $125; after 10/5/12, $175
- Student – paid on or before 10/5/12, $50; after 10/5/12, $50
Conference Pricing — October 17-18, 2012
- Georgia URISA, GITA Southeast , or SAMSOG Member Pricing – paid on or before 10/5/12, $225; after $275**
- Non-Member Pricing – paid on or before 10/5/12, $275; after, $325
- Conference Daily Rate – paid on or before 10/5/12, $175; after, $175
- Discount Student Conference Pricing – paid on or before 10/5/12, $130: after, $130
- Discount Student Daily Rate Pricing – paid on or before 10/5/12, $70; after, $70
**On application, please indicate on registration form which organization you are a member of.
Social Event — October 17, 2012, Time: 6:30 p.m. – 10: 30 p.m. (The Volstead, 351 East Clayton Street, Downtown Athens).
- Regular Conference Attendees – Free
- Non-Conference Attendees and Students – $45
Event Cancellation Policies
(1) A cancellation received by 5:00 p.m. ET on or before October 9, 2012 will be refunded, minus a $35 processing fee. No refunds will be issued thereafter; substitutions will be allowed. (2) To change or cancel your registration, call 800-884-1381, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. ET. (3) If an event is cancelled for any reason, The Georgia Center will not be responsible for any charges related to travel.
You'll be given the opportunity to make a hotel reservation as you proceed through the online registration process.
Xavier Davis, GISP, events [at] gaurisa [dot] org, 770-487-7993
If you require special services or have dietary restrictions, contact Jean Mann at 706-542-2237 or jean [dot] mann [at] georgiacenger [dot] uga [dot] edu by October 9, 2012.