This one-day conference will include keynotes, breakout sessions, and discussions on several timely topics related to the State of Education in Georgia including:
- Improving student achievement while reducing achievement gaps
- Instructional innovation and shared governance through the Charter System Model
- Education Reform Commission updates from the Teacher Advisory Committee
- Life-ready graduates: Meshing academics with career training
- Healthy children are better learners
- Transforming struggling schools into thriving schools
- The Every Student Succeeds Act
Breakout sessions will be led by many outstanding leaders from PreK-12 education and higher education.
Gary Henry, the Patricia and H. Rodes Hart Chair and Professor of Public Policy and Education in the Department of Leadership, Policy and Organization, Peabody College, Vanderbilt University, will be the conference keynote speaker. Henry specializes in education policy, educational evaluation, teacher quality research, and quantitative research methods. Currently, much of Dr. Henry’s research has been on school turnaround, including the Achievement School District and iZone schools in Tennessee and school turnaround approaches in North Carolina. Dr. Henry will discuss some of the broader lessons learned from his school turnaround research.
Conference provides training credit for Board of Education members through the UGA Carl Vinson Institute of Government.
$95 (includes workshop materials, refreshment breaks, lunch and parking)
Deadline to Register:
September 23, 2016
Event Cancellation Policies:
(1) A cancellation received by 6:00 p.m. ET on or before September 23, 2016 will be refunded, minus a $35 processing fee. No refunds will be issued thereafter; substitutions will be allowed. (2) To change or cancel your registration, call (800) 884-1381, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. ET. (3) If an event is cancelled for any reason, the UGA Hotel and Conference Center will not be responsible for any charges related to travel.
You will be given the opportunity to make a hotel reservation as you proceed through the online registration process.
College of Education Events Calendar
Registration Contact: The Georgia Center
If you require special services, contact Jean Mann at email@example.com by September 23, 2016.
Dietary restrictions should be indicated on the registration form or during the registration process.