Substance abuse refers to the production, distribution, sale and inappropriate non-medical use of chemical substances. Substance abuse threatens the sociologic and economic well-being of our society. Georgia's geographic location makes the state a major site for importation of substances of abuse (cocaine, heroin, marijuana, etc.) and for distribution throughout the United States. Moreover, the high demand for known and designer drugs of abuse has created a network of clandestine drug manufacturing laboratories. Abuse of anabolic steroids, prescriptions and over-the-counter medications is also on the rise. The problems associated with substance abuse present a variety of challenges for health care practitioners, educators and the legal community. It is important to know the effective methods of drug testing, deterrence and/or treatment of drug abuses and have up-to-date knowledge of the basic pharmacologic and toxicologic actions of common substances of abuse.
The workshop content has been designed to provide the most current information about common substances of abuse, patterns of use, methods of drug testing, pharmacologic/toxicologic actions and methods of treating overdoses, addiction and habituation.
For more conference information visit the Substances of Abuse Annual Conference web site.
Continuing Education Credit is available for:
- Pharmacists and Pharmacy Technicians – ACPE
- Licensed Professional Counselors – LPCA
- Peace Officers - POST
Please click here to view full continuing education credit information.
- Full Conference (Monday and Tuesday) on/before October 8 - $149
- Full Conference (Monday and Tuesday) after October 8 - $159
- Monday Session Only - $100
- Tuesday Session Only on/before October 8 - $49
- Tuesday Session Only after October 8 - $59
Event Cancellation Policies
(1) A cancellation received by 5:00 p.m. ET on or before October 8, 2012 will be refunded, minus a $35 processing fee. No refunds will be issued thereafter; substitutions will be allowed. (2) To change or cancel your registration, call 800-884-1381, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. ET. (3) If an event is cancelled for any reason, the UGA Hotel and Conference Center will not be responsible for any charges related to travel.
- Classic Queen/King Room (one queen/king bed) - $89
- Select Room (two double or queen beds) - $119
You'll be given the opportunity to make a hotel reservation as you proceed through the online registration process.