Best Practices for Promoting Engaged Student Learning
This conference is designed to bring educators and outstanding students together to connect in conversations about active learning and student engagement. Attendees are higher education faculty, administrators, and students from the University System of Georgia and the Southeast Region.
The focus of this conference is Best Practices for Promoting Engaged Student Learning:
- through the development of critical thinking
- through the effective use of distance and blended learning
- by developing collaborative models
- by connecting with social networking and mobile learning
- by creating active and engaged learning activities that support institutional plans for Complete College Georgia
- through the use of open educational resources to engage students and encourage student success.
Based on the conference goals, session topics may address any of a wide range of topics related to active and engaged learning. Areas of interest include but are not limited to:
- Developing Students’ Critical Thinking Skills
- Distance Learning/Blended Learning
- Collaborative Models
- Connected & Mobile Learning
- Complete College Georgia Efforts
- Open Educational Resources
For additional information please visit the conference website at: http://www.usg.edu/facultyresources/conference/
Keynote Speaker — Dr. Todd Zakrajsek, the Executive Director of the Academy of Educators in the School of Medicine and an Associate Professor in the Department of Family Medicine at UNC-Chapel Hill will present the interactive keynote session, "Motivating and Engaging Your Students: Strategies for Teaching From the Psychology of Learning"
- Registration on/before March 28, 2014 – $175
- Registration after March 28, 2014 – $225
- Student Thursday Registration – $50
- Student Friday Registration – $25
Event Cancellation Policies
(1) A cancellation received by 5:00 p.m. ET on or before April 10, 2014 will be refunded, minus a $35 processing fee. If your registration fee is less than $35, the entire amount will be retained. No refunds will be issued thereafter; substitutions will be allowed. (2) To change or cancel your registration, call 800-884-1381, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. ET. (3) If an event is cancelled for any reason, the UGA Hotel and Conference Center will not be responsible for any charges related to travel.
You'll be given the opportunity to make a hotel reservation as you proceed through the online registration process.
Registration Contact: The Georgia Center
registration [at] georgiacenter [dot] uga [dot] edu
Program Contact: Marie Lasseter
marie [dot] lasseter [at] usg [dot] edu
If you require special services, contact Nette Penn, Nette [dot] Penn [at] georgiacenter [dot] uga [dot] edu, by April 10, 2014. Dietary restrictions should be indicated on the registration form or during the online registration process.