A Spicy Southern spin on a traditional BBQ favorite
A unique recipe from the September 2012 issue of Southern Distinction magazine.
- 1 pre-grilled Panini bread
- 4 ounces fully cooked pulled pork
- 1 ounce spicy Southern Comfort® BBQ sauce
- 1 teaspoon Southern Comfort Bourbon®
- 1 ounce Cattlemen’s BBQ Sauce®
- A dash of Tabasco® sauce
- Sugar and salt to taste
- 3 ounces jalapeño coleslaw
- 1 cup raw shredded green cabbage
- 1 ounce balsamic vinaigrette
- A pinch of diced fresh jalapeños (seeds removed)
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- Salt and celery seed seasoned to taste
To make the Spicy Southern Comfort® BBQ Sauce:
In a mixing bowl, place BBQ sauce, Southern Comfort Bourbon®, sugar, salt, and Tabasco® to taste. Mix well and let sauce rest for 30 minutes.
To make the jalapeño coleslaw:
In a mixing bowl, place shredded green cabbage. Pour in balsamic vinaigrette dressing. Add diced jalapeños (make sure you remove seeds before dicing), sugar, salt, and celery seed to taste. Toss together to ensure even flavor and allow slaw to rest for 30 minutes.
Warm the pre-grilled Panini bread. Toss pork with the BBQ sauce. Top Panini with the BBQ pork, spread evenly. Top this off with the jalapeño coleslaw (make sure coleslaw is well-drained before topping). Another variation — top coleslaw with shredded cheddar cheese and fold Panini like a soft taco.
Archive of previously featured recipes:
- Fried Green Tomato BLT served with Sweet Potato Fries
- Poached Eggs on Bacon and Cheese Grit Cake, Lemon Beurre Blanc Sauce
- Smoked Trout Spread
- Avocado, Toasted Corn, and Chipotle Salsa
- Bombay Chicken Salad
- Crab Cakes
- Warm Wild Mushroom Salad with Bacon Vinaigrette
- Savory Apple, Cheddar, and Thyme Turnovers