Get a huge head start on college!
The UGA Pre-College Summer Program offers rising juniors and seniors in high school the chance to see what college life is all about.
Come to Athens in July for two fun, intellectually rigorous, enlightening weeks. As a Pre-College residential student, you will:
- Live in the male or female wing of a UGA residence hall with staff members always available for help and supervision
- Get a first-hand preview of campus life
- Explore exciting academic subjects with UGA instructors
- Learn what it takes to succeed in college classes
- Get a head start on important independent living skills
Learn more about life on the Pre-College campus!
How to Apply – links to documents will be available December 16, 2013
Follow these simple steps and use the hyperlinks provided to complete your UGA Pre-College application. Or download the entire How to Apply document, including the necessary forms for Steps 3 & 4!
Note: The online application, essays and requests for recommendations and transcripts are to be completed by the student applicant, and not a parent.
Step 1: Write two short essays, using the prompts below. Each essay should be between 400-600 words, typed, and single-spaced. Be sure to save your work – you will copy and paste your completed essays into the online application.
- Describe what you want to learn and accomplish at UGA Pre-College.
- Write a letter to your first-year roommate at college. Tell him or her what it will be like to live with you, and what you are looking forward to most in college.
Step 2: Gather the following items and submit your Online Application.
- All contact information (address, email, phone) for you and your primary parents or guardians
- Your high school's street address
- Your completed short essays (from Step 1)
When you have completed the online portion of the application, you will be directed back to this page.
Step 3: Download two Teacher Recommendation Request Letters from our web site. Fill out the top portion of the letters and give them to two teachers who are willing to recommend you to the program. The letter provides each teacher with detailed instructions on how to submit his or her recommendation.
Step 4: Download the Official School Transcript Request from our web site. Fill out the top portion of the letter and take it to your school office. The letter provides the office with detailed instructions on how to submit your transcript.
Step 5: Pay your $40 non-refundable application fee online here (or by using the Register Now button above).
Need Financial Aid?
Download the additional Financial Aid Request Form and submit it along with the rest of your application.
Please contact us via questions [at] georgiacenter [dot] uga [dot] edu (e-mail) or phone 706-542-3537 or 1-800-811-6640 if you have questions or to learn more.
Application Deadline is June 6, 2014. This means that ALL pieces of your application must be in at this time. Late applications will not be accepted.
Classes will be held across campus. Students are housed in a residence hall, and have access to dining halls all over campus. Visit Living on Campus for more information.
Tuition and Student Fees: $1,325.00
Meal Plan: $390.00
Non-refundable Application Fee: $40.00
All students are required to pay Tuition and Housing, but have the option of purchasing the Meal Plan or eating on their own (note: no public refrigerator is available in the residence hall).
Some funding is available to help students cover the cost of Pre-College. Please note, however, that financial assistance will not cover the full amount of the program. Awards typically range in amount from $500-$1100 depending on demonstrated need and academic merit. Download theFinancial Aid Form and submit it with the rest of your application materials.
- Rising juniors and seniors in high school who want to begin preparing themselves for college academics and independent living. Note: the term "rising" refers to the grade a student will be entering the next school year.
- Students who are highly motivated and eager to engage in college-level academics
- Students who demonstrate a commitment to academic excellence and display a high level of intellectual curiosity