Learn Software Development at Your Own Pace
This program puts you on the fast track to a programming career. By providing immersive training on a compressed schedule, you can speed your way to project-ready skills. Not everyone can reserve several months for nonstop training, so we offer four Web Developer Coding Bootcamp course modules with accompanying badges to help you master .NET/C# or Java — one skill set at a time.
A Flexible and Affordable Way to Learn to Code
Our Web Developer Coding Bootcamp badge modules offer an affordable, flexible way to learn software development. The online approach replaces face-to-face classes with online instructor-led video sessions and allows you to interact with instructors and other students via discussion forums, chat rooms, messaging or email. You will also have full online access to course materials, labs, and exercises.
How it works:
- Learn in stages – Begin with module 1 to learn programming basics in .NET/C# or Java and earn your first badge. You’ll gain a new credential and marketable skill to add to your resume and LinkedIn profile. Don’t stop there; earn all four badges to develop full-stack software development skills that can launch your career in this dynamic, fast-growing profession.
- Learn when you want – Earn all badges in as little as 10 months or space them out over the course of a longer timeframe. This flexible schedule allows you to keep your job while you learn to code.
- Learn where you want – Education takes place online, giving you the freedom to learn wherever you choose. Collaborate with instructors and classmates from home, school or anywhere you have internet access.
Select your learning program: .NET / C# or Java
The language or technology that you first learn is not nearly as important as understanding good software design and having the desire and ability to continually learn new things. What is important to our apprentices seeking their first job is having a skill set that is widely attractive to employers.
For this reason, we offer learning programs in both .NET/C# and Java to choose from. In most areas of the country, these programming languages have, by far, the most employment opportunities. For example, in the Atlanta area, more than 80% of programming job postings specify .NET/C# or Java.
What You Will Learn:
You will learn to be a full-stack web developer in the language you choose (.NET/C# or Java). Web applications are built in layers that are divided into front-end clients (such as a web browser) and back-end services (such as databases). "Full-stack" web developers are capable of working in both front-end and back-end technologies. Complete all four badge modules in either .NET/C# or Java to achieve “Full-stack” web developer coding status. You will gain knowledge in the following areas:
- Module 1: Programming Basics - 2 months, 120 hours
- Module 2: Object-Oriented Programming - 3 months, 240 hours
- Module 3: Server-Side Web Development - 2 months, 120 hours
- Module 4: Full-Stack Development - 3 months, 240 hours
If you have no prior coding experience, your learning journey starts with a free, online course: Introduction to Web Development. This 6-8 week course will help prepare you for the intensive bootcamp curriculum to follow.
Web Developer Coding Bootcamp begins by introducing you to the concepts of how software is designed and implemented. In your journey as a coding apprentice, you will learn to keep your skills fresh and be able to expand into new languages and frameworks.
See more details about the key topics/technologies covered in the .NET/C# and Java courses here.
Pay as you go
In our program, the curriculum is divided into four budget-friendly, manageable modules. Pay smaller fees one sections at a time, with the option to pause the program between modules. You can earn the next badge — and develop your next set of skills — when you’re ready.
Career Guidance and Resources
As you near completion of the Web Developer Coding Bootcamp, here’s how we will help you connect with employers seeking your skills:
- An Employer Network Manager will discuss resume preparation and the interviewing process with you.
- Your Employer Network Manager will also work with you to suggest strategies for applying for jobs and help build your interviewing skills.
- You will also gain access to an extensive network of more than 400 employers who have hired past graduates or expressed interest in the Web Developer Coding Bootcamp program.
As a member of the council on Integrity in Results Reporting (CIRR), The Software Guild is committed to accurately reporting graduation and job placement rates. Member bootcamps agree to provide CIRR their graduation and placement data semi-annually.
We look for three traits in potential students: High Aptitude, High Drive and High Preparedness. Students in the program range from proficient coders to those who have had no prior coding experience.
Because this is a rigorous program with heavy time commitments, you must complete a four-step process to be accepted and enrolled:
- Register for Module 1: Programming Basics of the program.
- Schedule and fulfill an interview with an enrollment counselor.
- Complete the aptitude assessment. This measures your current skills in order to determine your chance of success in the program. No minimum score is required.
- Successfully complete the free, online Intro to Web Development course that prepares future students for the intensive curriculum ahead. You will automatically be enrolled in this self-paced, 6-8 week class as a part of the application process.
Students who have the needed web development knowledge and meet a minimum aptitude assessment score may be able to opt out of completing the free Intro to Web Development course. A live audition with instructors to gauge your readiness to enroll in the full course may be required.
Web Developer Coding Bootcamp, Online Format
Program Languages: .NET/C# or Java
Course Dates: Enrollment deadlines and start dates
Duration: 2 or 3 months per module
Individual Modules (must be taken in order):
- Module 1: Programming Basics –
Course Fee: $2,000; #91815
- Module 2: Object-Oriented Programming –
Course Fee: $3,000; #91829
- Module 3: Server-Side Web Development –
Course Fee: $2,000; #91830
- Module 4: Full-Stack Development –
Course Fee: $3,000; #91831
A Certificate of Program Completion, digital badge and 72 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) will be awarded for the full Web Developer Coding Bootcamp program upon successful completion of the required 720 hours of course work.
Attendance Policy and Other Important Requirements:
To receive the Certificate of Program Completion the following is required:
- Full participation throughout each module course
- Timely and successful completion of all activities and assignments
- Satisfactorily complete each module course; students must demonstrate an understanding of the technical concepts taught and complete the capstone project(s).