You don't need a studio or lighting equipment to make beautiful portraits. And you don't need to tell your subjects "Say cheese!" to get great expressions. This course immerses novice or practiced photographers into all aspects of portraiture. You'll learn techniques and poses to put into practice as you build your own portfolio of portraits in a variety of settings.
Hours: 14 hours / 1.4 CEUs
Where: UGA's Athens campus
When: Feb. 11 - Apr. 1, 2019
In seven weekly two-hour sessions, including field trips, you will learn:
- how to work with and pose your model
- how to compose an attractive image
- how to make the most of light and time
- tips for environmental, street, people, and self portraits
- business and social etiquette considerations in photographic portraiture
In these sessions or at home, you will:
- make a set of creative self portraits
- photograph two or more people in an indoor or outdoor setting
- make a virtual portfolio for presentation at the final session
Who Should Attend?
People who are interested in photography as hobby or possible profession.
The class is open to students 18 years of age and up. Minors ages 15 to 17 must be accompanied by a parent or a guardian who must be present in the classroom with the student at all times. We highly recommend that parents or guardians take advantage of the learning opportunity by signing up with their students. Please note that a request and agreement form for registration of a minor is required to complete the application. Call (706) 542-3537 for more information.
Mondays, 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
14 Hours/1.4 CEUs