Fast Track Your Career: Prepare to Pass the HCISPP Exam
The Healthcare Information Security and Privacy Practitioner Certificate program is designed for those who have healthcare experience and knowledge of the information security and privacy practices involved in protecting patient health information and want to gain the HCISPP® credential.
Hours: 35 hours / 3.5 CEUs
Where: UGA’s Gwinnett campus
When: Sept. 28 - Oct. 26, 2019
Cost: $2,195 - includes materials
Gain a Critical Edge in the Booming Healthcare Cybersecurity Field
This course will prepare you to become a certified Healthcare Information Security and Privacy Practitioner (HCISPP®), a valuable credential in a rapidly growing field. According to the International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium, known as (ISC)², the demand for healthcare security and privacy practitioners is rising rapidly as organizations struggle to keep up with new and evolving threats to patient privacy and data security.
Two compelling reasons to take this course are:
- It provides you the essential knowledge, skills, and training needed to implement, manage and assess security and privacy controls to protect healthcare organizations. Through interactive classroom sessions, you’ll gain solid training in the six vital areas of healthcare information security and privacy.
- Experienced healthcare information security professionals will refresh and expand their knowledge while preparing for the HCISPP exam. According to (ISC)², the HCISPP® “is the only certification that combines cybersecurity skills with privacy best practices and techniques.”
Note: This training can help prepare you to sit for the (ISC)² exam to earn your HCISPP® certification or the Associate of (ISC)² designation while you work towards gaining the required years of work experience.
What you will learn:
This interactive classroom course covers the six domains of the (ISC)² HCISPP CBK® (Common Body of Knowledge) with additional materials and examples to illustrate real world application in the industry. The six domains are:
- Healthcare Industry
- Regulatory Environment
- Privacy and Security in Healthcare
- Information Governance and Risk Management
- Information Risk Assessment
- Third-Party Risk Management
Who Should Attend?
- Health IT professionals who plan to take the HCISPP® exam within a year and want to expand or refresh their understanding of the six knowledge domains covered in the exam.
- Individuals who have healthcare experience and fundamental knowledge of information security, privacy or risk pertaining to the protection of the personal health information of patients and want to gain the HCISPP® credential to validate that experience.
- Professionals that hold the CISSP® credential and wish to gain the HCISPP® certification as a means of substantiating their expertise in the healthcare security and privacy arena.
- Those working as: application security professionals, network security professionals, Database Administrators, Health Information Managers, Medical Records Supervisors, Compliance Officers & Auditors, Information Security Managers, Information Technology Managers, Risk Analysts, Privacy Officers and more.
September 28, October 5, 12, 19 and 26, 2019
Saturdays, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
$2,195 (includes course materials)
Students will be awarded a Certificate of Program Completion for 3.5 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) upon completion of 35 hours of course work.
Attendance Policy and Other Important Requirements:
To receive the Certificate of Program Completion and Continuing Education Units (CEUs), the following is required:
- Timely and successful completion of all assignments
- Attendance at all 5 sessions
- Earn a cumulative score of 70% or better on combined quiz grades