Jobs and pay are growing rapidly in the cybersecurity field
The Information Systems Security Professional Certificate program is designed for those who have chosen a career path in information security or want to transition into this cybersecurity field.
Hours: 78 hours / 7.8 CEUs
When: Feb. 19 - May 16, 2019
Cost: $2,699 - includes materials
The International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium, known as (ISC)², awards the Certified Information Systems Security Professional® (CISSP). The (ISC)² website states the importance of becoming certified: “With the shortfall in the cybersecurity workforce projected to be 1.5 million globally in five years, businesses are pressed to find qualified candidates to protect their organization against cyber threats. The need for candidates to prove their capability is more important than ever.”
Two compelling reasons to take this course are:
- It provides you the essential knowledge, skills, and training needed to design, engineer, implement, and manage information security programs. Through interactive online and classroom sessions, you’ll gain solid information security training in eight vital areas.
- The course will help experienced information security professionals to refresh and expand their knowledge while preparing for the CISSP exam. The CISSP is the profession’s acknowledged “gold standard” for certification.
Note: This training, no matter your level of experience, can help prepare you to sit for the (ISC)² exam to earn your CISSP certification or the Associate of (ISC)² designation.
What you will learn:
The course covers the eight domains of the (ISC)² CISSP CBK® (Common Body of Knowledge) with adjunct materials and examples to illustrate their application in the industry. The eight domains are:
- Security and Risk Management (Security, Risk, Compliance, Law, Regulations, and Business Continuity)
- Asset Security (Protecting Security of Assets)
- Security Architecture and Engineering (Engineering and Management of Security)
- Communication and Network Security (Designing and Protecting Network Security)
- Identity and Access Management (Controlling Access and Managing Identity)
- Security Assessment and Testing (Designing, Performing, and Analyzing Security Testing)
- Security Operations (Foundational Concepts, Investigations, Incident Management, and Disaster Recovery)
- Software Development Security (Understanding, Applying, and Enforcing Software Security)
Who Should Attend?
- IT professionals who plan to take the CISSP exam within a year and want to expand or refresh their understanding of the eight knowledge domains covered in the exam.
- Those who have some experience in information security and want to accelerate their careers in this field.
- Those who want to change their career path into the cybersecurity field. If you are in this category, a basic knowledge of networks operations, plus some background experience in at least two of the CISSP knowledge domains, is highly recommended but not required.
- See Frequently Asked Questions for more insights.
Tuesdays and Thursdays
6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
All sessions are instructor-led and will meet online at the assigned time over a 13-week period.
$2,699 (includes course materials)
Students will be awarded a Certificate of Program Completion for 7.8 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) upon completion of 78 hours of course work.
Attendance Policy and Other Important Requirements:
To receive the Certificate of Program Completion and Continuing Education Units (CEUs), the following is required:
- Timely and successful completion of written and oral assignments
- Attendance at 21 of 26 sessions
- Earn a cumulative score of 70% or better on combined quiz grades