Expand your cybersecurity knowledge and prepare to pass the CISSP exam
The Information Systems Security Professional Certificate program is an instructor-led online course designed for those who have chosen a career path in information security or want to transition into this cybersecurity field. Master the information necessary to succeed in a security career at a manageable pace.
Format: Online, Instructor-led
Hours: 78 hours / 7.8 CEUs
When: Aug. 15 - Nov. 12, 2019
Boost your career in the booming cybersecurity job market
This course will prepare you to become a Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), a valuable credential in a field where jobs and pay are on the rise. According to the International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium, known as (ISC)², the shortfall in the cybersecurity workforce is projected to be 1.5 million globally in five years. As businesses are pressed to find quality candidates to protect their organization against cyber threats, the need for CISSPs is expected to continue to rise.
No matter your level of experience, this course will:
- Help prepare you to sit for the (ISC)² exam to earn your CISSP certification or the Associate of (ISC)² designation.
- Provide you the essential knowledge, skills, and training needed to design, engineer, implement, and manage information security programs. Through interactive online sessions, you’ll gain solid information security training in eight vital areas.
What you will learn:
The course covers the eight domains of the (ISC)² CISSP CBK® (Common Body of Knowledge) with adjunct materials and examples to illustrate their application in the industry. The eight domains are:
- Security and Risk Management (Security, Risk, Compliance, Law, Regulations, and Business Continuity)
- Asset Security (Protecting Security of Assets)
- Security Architecture and Engineering (Engineering and Management of Security)
- Communication and Network Security (Designing and Protecting Network Security)
- Identity and Access Management (Controlling Access and Managing Identity)
- Security Assessment and Testing (Designing, Performing, and Analyzing Security Testing)
- Security Operations (Foundational Concepts, Investigations, Incident Management, and Disaster Recovery)
- Software Development Security (Understanding, Applying, and Enforcing Software Security)
Who Should Attend?
- IT professionals who plan to take the CISSP exam within a year and want to expand or refresh their understanding of the eight knowledge domains covered in the exam.
- Those who have some experience in information security and want to accelerate their careers in this field.
- Those who want to change their career path into the cybersecurity field. If you are in this category, a basic knowledge of networks operations, plus some background experience in at least two of the CISSP knowledge domains, is highly recommended but not required.
- See Frequently Asked Questions for more insights.
Tuesdays and Thursdays
6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
All sessions are instructor-led and will be held in a virtual classroom at reoccurring intervals over a 3-month period.
$2,699 (course materials not included)
Students will be awarded a Certificate of Program Completion for 7.8 University of Georgia (CEUs) upon completion of 78 hours of course work.
Attendance Policy and Other Important Requirements:
To receive the Certificate of Program Completion and Continuing Education Units (CEUs), the following is required:
- Timely and successful completion of assignments
- Attendance at 21 of the 26 virtual classroom sessions
- Earn a cumulative score of 70% or better on combined quiz grades