Expand your cybersecurity skills and take your career to the next level
The Information Systems Security Professional Certificate course is led by a CISSP-certified instructor with over 40 years of experience through live-online sessions. Designed for those who have chosen a career path in information security or want to transition into this cybersecurity field, this course will help you master the knowledge and skills necessary to succeed in a security career. All at a manageable pace!
Format: Online, Live Sessions
Hours: 78 hours / 7.8 CEUs
When: Feb. 6 - May 5, 2020
Elevate your career in the booming cybersecurity job market
This course is perfect for those who are looking to grow your skill set and expand your knowledge in each of the domains as outlined in the (ISC)² CISSP CBK® (Common Body of Knowledge). According to the International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium, known as (ISC)², the shortfall in the cybersecurity workforce is projected to be 1.5 million globally in five years. As businesses are pressed to find quality candidates to protect their organization against cyber threats, the need for cybersecurity professionals is expected to continue to rise.
No matter your level of experience, this course will provide you the essential knowledge, skills, and training needed to design, engineer, implement, and manage information security programs.
What you will learn:
The course covers the eight domains of the (ISC)² CISSP CBK® (Common Body of Knowledge) with adjunct materials and examples to illustrate their application in the industry. The eight domains are:
- Security and Risk Management (Security, Risk, Compliance, Law, Regulations, and Business Continuity)
- Asset Security (Protecting Security of Assets)
- Security Architecture and Engineering (Engineering and Management of Security)
- Communication and Network Security (Designing and Protecting Network Security)
- Identity and Access Management (Controlling Access and Managing Identity)
- Security Assessment and Testing (Designing, Performing, and Analyzing Security Testing)
- Security Operations (Foundational Concepts, Investigations, Incident Management, and Disaster Recovery)
- Software Development Security (Understanding, Applying, and Enforcing Software Security)
Interested in an (ISC)² Certification?
Versus the typical week-long boot camp model, our course offers twice the hours, which sets a manageable pace so that you can ask questions and delve further into the areas you need additional assistance. While learning the skills you need now, you also are gaining the knowledge you need to sit for the following (ISC)² exams:
- CISSP: The Certified Information Systems Security Professional is considered the ‘gold standard’ in cybersecurity. Earning the CISSP proves you have what it takes to effectively design, implement, and manage a best-in-class cybersecurity program.
- Associate of (ISC)²: Through the Associate of (ISC)² program, you can take the (ISC)² certification exam without the required work experience.
Who Should Attend?
- IT professionals who plan to take the CISSP exam within a year and want to expand or refresh their understanding of the eight knowledge domains covered in the exam.
- Those who have some experience in information security and want to accelerate their careers in this field.
- Those who want to change their career path into the cybersecurity field. If you are in this category, a basic knowledge of networks operations, plus some background experience in at least two of the CISSP knowledge domains, is highly recommended but not required.
- See Frequently Asked Questions for more insights.
Tuesdays and Thursdays
6:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
All sessions are instructor-led and will be held in a virtual classroom.
Online, Instructor-led, live sessions
$2,799 (course textbook not included)
Students will be awarded a Certificate of Program Completion for 7.8 University of Georgia (CEUs) upon completion of 78 hours of course work.
Attendance Policy and Other Important Requirements:
To receive the Certificate of Program Completion and Continuing Education Units (CEUs), the following is required:
- Timely and successful completion of assignments
- Attendance at 21 of the 26 virtual classroom sessions
- Earn a cumulative score of 70% or better on combined quiz grades