Prepare for tax season!
The Tax Cut and Jobs Act means many changes will be impacting your clients this tax season. The IRS will be issuing updates throughout 2019 to help implement the new law. With so many changes coming, clients need your professional guidance more than ever.
Veteran CPA and instructor Jeff Snyder is back to teach the University of Georgia's Federal Tax Update 2019, the annual tax seminar for tax professionals coming to four Georgia cities starting December 2. This eight-hour session is packed with information you need to be fully updated on the most important issues from the new tax law affecting your individual, partnership, and corporate clients this coming season. Legislative and regulatory developments and major trends and changes in case law will also be discussed. We’ll provide full coverage of all tax implications, with emphasis on tax planning.
Federal Tax Update 2019 is an IRS-approved Continuing Education program. Registration will open July 1 for all of the one-day sessions, which are scheduled in Augusta, Athens, Lawrenceville, and Marietta.
- Full coverage of tax reform implications
- Taxation of pass-through entities
- Deduction of home mortgage interest
- New alimony rules
- New depreciation rules and Sec 179 expensing
- Modification of NOL Rules
- Review of pertinent cases and rulings regarding exclusions, character issues, retirement plans, travel, and other items affecting individual taxpayers
- Recent developments with business entities, including C corporations, S corporations, partnerships, and limited liability companies
- Practice aids, including all numbers applicable for the current tax year – inflation-adjusted amounts, mileage rates, retirement contributions, and more
- The latest issues related to passive activities, substantiation and any other late breaking tax law changes
All session times 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Dates and locations are to be determined.
Who Should Attend?
CPAs, Enrolled Agents, Registered Tax Return Preparers, CFPs, Tax Attorneys, and other tax professionals who need to know the latest tax law changes in all areas of practice.
Ask about large group (10 or more) discounts. Contact Venus Stone for more details.
8 hours CPE (Continuing Professional Education)
8 hours CE (Continuing Education for Enrolled Agents – IRS Approved)
8 hours CFP credit
6.5 CLE (Continuing Legal Education) For Attorneys Only
.65 CEU (Continuing Education Unit)