Georgia Center for Continuing Education Participant Code of Conduct
By signing up as a participant in a University of Georgia Center for Continuing Education course, I hereby agree to conduct myself in a manner conducive to the promotion of a positive and pleasant learning environment for myself and others. I understand that belligerent, abusive, profane, threatening and/or other disruptive behavior is not permitted and is a violation of this Code of Conduct.
I hereby agree to uphold the highest honor and integrity in completing class assignments. I understand that plagiarism, cheating, assisting others in cheating, or any other form of academic dishonesty is expressly forbidden and is a violation of this Code of Conduct.
I understand that if the Georgia Center for Continuing Education finds me in violation of this Code of Conduct, I may be subject to immediate dismissal from the program without refund and may be prohibited from registering for future Continuing Education courses. I understand that dismissal due to a Code of Conduct violation will result in an incomplete for the program and neither CEUs nor program certificates will be awarded.
Inclement Weather Procedures
*Note that this impacts our in-person programs. University closures do not affect online courses.
In the event of inclement weather, the Georgia Center for Continuing Education follows UGA’s inclement weather and emergency closing procedures. Please note that we offer programs across multiple campuses that may close independently. UGA follows a set procedure for announcing operational status of the University by making one of three announcements:
- UGA is open and operating on a regular schedule;
- UGA will close early or delay opening at a specified time. In the event your program falls during these times, your class will be released and or cancelled and rescheduled at a later date.
- UGA is closed. All classroom Continuing Education classes will be cancelled and rescheduled. Please keep in mind that UGA Athens Campus and UGA Gwinnett Campus are independent of one another.
- Please check local weather/news station to determine closure of the UGA Athens Campus.
- Please check the local weather/news station to determine closure of the UGA Gwinnett Campus.
Any changes to University operations will be announced in the following ways:
- Social Media — announcements will be posted to:
- Twitter (@universityofga);
- Facebook (University of Georgia);
- Instagram (@universityofga); and
- SnapChat (university-ga)
- Radio — Up-to-date information is provided to Athens radio stations. Atlanta TV and radio stations that have requested to receive UGA weather announcements also are notified.
- Email — When possible, the Georgia Center Administrative Staff will send an email to all impacted students for closure and or class cancellations only.
Visit UGA's Inclement Weather and Emergency Closing Procedures Policy webpage for more information.
Each program has its own unique cancellation and attendance policy. If you have questions about our individual cancellation/attendance policies, please check the course webpage or contact our office for further information.
Persons Aged 62 and Over
Policies of the Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia provide for the admission and registration of Georgia residents 62 years of age or older for undergraduate classes on a space available basis.
However, our continuing education programs are not eligible for The Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia Policy for Persons Aged 62 Years or Over. Thus, persons aged 62 or over pay regular registration fees for Continuing Education programs at the University of Georgia.
For more information regarding The Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia Policy for Persons Aged 62 Years or Over, contact the Office of the Registrar at 706-542-4040 or email@example.com.
Persons 62 Years of Age and Over Policy can be found on the University Systems of Georgia's website and University of Georgia's Undergraduate Admission webpage.