These funds are designated for some spouses of active military members around the world. The mission of this program is to provide portable careers to those spouses to allow for gainful employment as they move from base to base.
Program Details and Course Requirements
- Up to $4,000
- Funding limited to Certification and Licensure Programs and Associate Degrees
- Fiscal year cap waived for spouses pursuing licensure or credential courses with a cost up to the total maximum assistance of $4,000
- Spouses must finish their program of study within three years
Below are a list of generally approved individuals for this funding, please login to the AI Portal to confirm eligibility.
- Spouse of an active duty Army, Navy, Air Force, or Marine service member, or activated Reserve member in pay grades E1-E5, W1-W2, or O1-O2
- Spouse of National Guard and/or AGR member only if the sponsor-spouse is on federal Title 10 active duty orders and reported in DEERS. Spouses of Guard/Reserve member in an Alert, Transition Assistance, or Post Deployment status are not eligible.
How it Works: Steps to Approval
- Establish an account at the MyCAA website (this is a secure government site, so you will need to accept the certificates)
- Contact UGA for your education & training plan (based on start date of program, a minimum 15-day lead time is required for all program starts per MyCAA)
- UGA / education center will create the plan and return to the learner (Embed Example)
- Student will submit training plan for approval
- Upon approval from MyCAA student will receive a Financial Assistance Award Letter
- UGA will enroll students in program at timing outlined on education plan
- Student is ready to learn and enjoy the class
Our Most Popular Courses for MyCAA Students
- Medical Billing & Coding
- Pharmacy Tech
- Spanish/ English Medical Interpreter
- Healthcare Management
Let’s get started …
- Call our military education advisor, Suzanne Beckham, at (706) 542-7869, or send us an email at Military.email@example.com
- If you’ve already obtained funding for one of the programs listed above or any other military assistance program, please let us know and we will work with you to use your funds.
- Join our military assistance mailing list to keep up with any new developments.
Return to Index to See More Military Assistance Options