The Healthcare Management Certificate is a 90-hour, self-paced training program. There are eight modules, any six of which can be selected to earn a certificate. The program prepares individuals in the healthcare field to become more effective managers and supervisors. Students will increase their overall understanding of management issues and concepts so they can make well-informed decisions.
The program’s structure gives students tremendous flexibility:
- All modules are online, so students can receive management training while maintaining full-time work schedules.
- Modules may be taken in any sequence and can be taken individually, or students can opt to register for any six modules and earn a Certificate of Completion from the University of Georgia.
Each module is supported by an experienced, highly qualified coach-mentor who will check on your progress every 72 hours and provide supportive feedback on your lessons by email.
The modules cover:
- Human Resource Development and Staff Relationships
- Cultural Competency and Diversity Issues
- Leadership Skill Development for the First-Time Supervisor
- Management Ethics and Values-Based Decision-Making
- Finances and Accounting for the Non-Accountant Manager This module is undergoing updates and is temporarily closed for registration. Please contact Johanna Chotiwat if you wish to be notified once it is reopened.
- Systems Thinking and the Management Team
- Project Management Fundamentals for Healthcare
- Healthcare Reform: Managing Effectively in a Changing Environment
Who Should Attend?
- Physicians, nurses, physicians’ assistants, therapists, laboratory technicians, social workers, and other healthcare professionals who have recently been promoted or accepted a position as a manager or supervisor.
- Current managers or supervisors in healthcare settings, such as hospitals, physicians’ offices, rehabilitation centers, etc.
- Healthcare systems looking to provide cost-effective training opportunities to supplement an internal training agenda or professional development plan
- Managers and supervisors in other fields seeking to enter the Healthcare profession.
- Individual Module Duration: Students have 30 days to complete this module upon release of the module’s access information (URL, username and password).
- Six Modules/Full Certificate Program Duration: Certificate Program students have up to nine months to complete any six modules.
Please note: As you determine your schedule for completing the Certificate, it may be useful to consider that some students find the Project Management Fundamentals module particularly rigorous.
$389 – Individual module
$1,999 – Any six modules/Full certificate program
- 1.5 CEUs for each completed course module
- 9.0 CEUs for the completion of any six course modules of the Healthcare Management Certificate Program
- Certificate of Completion from the University of Georgia