Learn to design online training that "comes alive" for your students!
If you develop and teach courses online, how can you emulate the engagement students have in face-to-face classes? This certificate program shows you how to produce a successful learning experience for online students.
Instructional Design and eLearning Certificate is a 60-hour online, instructor-led program created by the University of Georgia. You'll learn how to develop clear instructional goals, work with tools to create a rewarding eLearning experience, and write and revise a project management plan.
This program is designed for teachers and professors, non-profit and corporate trainers, and human resource specialists. Using narrated lesson presentations, readings, activities, discussions, and live classes, this program equips you with the approach, techniques and tools needed for effective instructional design.
The program consists of two 30-hour courses, each awarding CEUs for completion:
Introduction to Instructional Design and Development (Course #1)
- This course covers analysis of instructional needs and systematic principles of design.
- Students learn about the most widely accepted instructional design model, known as ADDIE (Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation, Evaluation).
- Students explore fundamental learning theories and the ways instructional designers apply these theories to content using the ADDIE framework.
Instructional Design and Development Practicum (Course #2)
- Course #2 is open to students who have successfully completed Course #1.
- Using the principles from the introduction, this course teaches a practical approach for eLearning development.
- Allows students to put eLearning and instructional design principles into practice.
- Students work with their choice of commonly-used tools to design and develop short eLearning experiences.
Who Should Attend?
Course 2: Instructional Design and Development Practicum
Students must complete Course 1 before taking Course 2.
Spring Session: April 22, 2019 - June 14, 2019 –
The instructor will hold one-hour live online class sessions every Tuesday at 7:00 p.m. EST.
Fall Session: October 7, 2019 - November 29, 2019 –
The instructor will hold live online class sessions every Tuesday 6:30 - 8:00 p.m. EST.
Note: Live class sessions will be archived for later viewing for students who are unable to participate
Online, cohort-based, with asynchronous activities and live online classes
$799 each for two 30-hour courses
Should the Georgia Center find it necessary to cancel the course for any reason, we will attempt to notify the participants at least 24 hours in advance via phone and/or e-mail. In the event that the course is cancelled by the Georgia Center, a 100% refund will be processed for each registrant. The Georgia Center will issue a refund less a $75 cancellation fee for course cancellation requests received before 5:00 p.m. on the fifth business day prior to the beginning of a course. Business days are Monday through Friday, excluding holidays. No refunds can be issued if you cancel within four business days of the course start date or at any time after a course begins. Once you access the online course, you are no longer eligible for a refund. To cancel your enrollment, please send an email to: email@example.com.
Successful graduates of Course #1: Introduction to Instructional Design and Development will earn 3.0 CEUs for 30 contact hours.
Successful graduates of Course #2: Instructional Design and Development Practicum will earn 3.0 CEUs for 30 contact hours, along with a Certificate of Program Completion (representing completion of Course #1 and Course #2).