Your Assurance of Quality
Continuing Education Units (CEU) are ten contact hours of participation in an organized continuing education experience under responsible sponsorship, capable direction, and qualified instruction.
Since its inception in the late 1960s the faculty of the University’s Georgia Center for Continuing Education, have been instrumental in helping to develop, shape, and implement the CEU as an accepted standard of measure for quality continuing education.
The assurances of the CEU enhance the quality of your learning experience in several ways:
- Nationally adopted criteria are applied to program design.
- A permanent record of your participation is maintained.
- The University’s accreditation by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools reaffirms the application of criteria in the area of continuing education.
- The University System of Georgia Board of Regents sets the CEU criteria to maintain quality experiences in continuing education.
Guiding Principles of the CEU
- Programs are designed to upgrade existing career, professional or occupational skills.
- Programs have written learning outcomes.
- The institution has a clearly defined way for developing and administering programs and has a review process that ensures the CEU guidelines are met.
You can request a free copy of your CEU transcript by emailing email@example.com. Official transcripts must include the UGA stamped seal through the mail. Request for an official transcript must include the name to person for proper attention and complete mailing address. Unofficial transcripts may be emailed or faxed upon request.