Gain valuable fundraising skills that benefit your organization and your career
The Grant Writing Certificate program teaches you how to write compelling proposals that secure funding and generate ongoing support for your organization. Whether you’re looking to start a new career in grant writing or further your existing career, this course will teach you transferable skills that will benefit you for years to come.
Write successful grant proposals with ease
For many non-profit organizations and businesses, grant writing is a critical “lifeline” for their funding. Consider writing a grant to help get the funding needed to operate your business, programs or projects. Although proposal writing is essential to the fundraising process, it can be intimidating.
This program teaches you how to follow a step-by-step writing process that reduces anxiety and gives you the confidence and know-how to develop a successful grant proposal. No matter if you are tasked with writing foundation, federal, research or other grants, you’ll learn systematic strategies for improving your ability to write compelling and exciting proposals that will generate support for your organization. You’ll also learn how to create a comprehensive and competitive proposal package for institutional grant makers, plus much more.
What you will learn:
Over four days, the program will cover these components:
Essential Grant Proposal Writing Skills
- Components of the Grant Proposal
- Characteristics of Fundable Proposals
- Analyzing Request for Proposals
Grant Applications & Program Development
- Letters of Intent & Inquiry
- Program Description & Implementation Plan
- Designing Measurable Goals & Objectives
Grant Proposal Package Elements
- Executive Summary & Abstract
- Evaluation Methods with Outcomes & Impact
- Program Budget Development & Narrative
Who Should Attend?
$849 (includes materials)
Students will be awarded a Certificate of Program Completion for 2.4 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) upon completion of 24 hours of course work.
Attendance Policy and Other Important Requirements:
In order to receive a Certificate of Program Completion, participants must:
- Attend at least 85% of the 24-hour course; attendance is imperative to participants’ success in the class; and
- Earn 70 points or more on in-class assignments.