Learn In-Demand Project Management Skills and Advance Your Career
The Project Management Certificate gives you the essential project management skills you need to progress in your career and become a better leader. Designed for a wide range of professionals and skill levels, this 36-hour course will prepare you to tackle simple and complex projects from start to finish, on time, and within budget. It also fulfills the project management education hours required to qualify for the Project Management Professional (PMP®) Certification Exam.
Invest in Your Future, Stand Out as a Leader
Project management is one of the most highly sought-after skills in the professional world. This prestigious Project Management Certificate course will not only cover the ten knowledge areas presented in the PMI PMBOK® Guide, but also those soft skills, like leadership styles needed to be successful as a project manager in the real-world.
From a professional development standpoint, this course will help you:
- Earn your education hours for the PMP® Certification Exam: If you are planning to take PMI®'s Project Management Professional Certification Exam, this course will provide the project management education hours needed to qualify for the exam. For more information about the exam qualifications, please visit the Project Management Institute webpage. Please note: this course only satisfies the project management education hours needed to take the PMP® Certification Exam; it is not a test preparatory course for the exam.
- Earn Project Management recertification hours: This course is approved for PDUs for Project Management professionals who hold a credential from the Project Management Institute (PMI). For more information about these requirements, visit the PMI Continuing Certification Requirements (CCR) Program website.
- Earn SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP recertification hours: This course is approved for 36.00 PDCs for Human Resources Professionals who hold a SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP credential. For more information about recertification requirements, please visit the SHRM Recertification webpage.
What You Will Learn:
In this course, students will gain an understanding of the standards of project management presented in the Project Management Institute (PMI)® A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide).
The ten knowledge areas presented in the PMBOK® Guide are:
- Project Scope Management
- Project Schedule Management
- Project Resources Management
- Project Procurement Management
- Project Communication Management
- Project Integration Management
- Project Risk Management
- Project Quality Management
- Project Cost Management
- Project Stakeholders Management
In addition, students will learn a variety of soft skills essential when practicing project management in the real world, including:
- Communication Styles
- Dealing with Conflict
- Myers-Briggs Type
*PMI, PMBOK, and PMP are trademarks of the Project Management Institute, Inc. which is registered in the United States and other nations.
Who Should Attend?
- Managers, supervisors, and individuals who want to learn project management skills and processes through an in-depth project management program
- Professionals who currently hold a credential from PMI
- Experienced project managers who have no formal project management instruction
- Project managers seeking project management contact hours to sit for the PMP® Certification Examination
March Session –
Fridays and Saturdays, March 13 - 28, 2020
8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Note: UPDATED: The last day for candidates to take the current version of the PMP exam is now June 30, 2020. Starting July 1, 2020, the PMP exam will reflect the new exam content.
$2,499 (includes materials)
Students will be awarded a Certificate of Program Completion for 3.6 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) upon successfully completing the course.
Attendance Policy and Other Important Requirements:
To receive the Certificate of Completion and Continuing Education Units (CEUs) the following is required:
- Timely and successful completion of written and oral assignments
- Attendance at at least five of the six classes
- Cumulative score of 70% or better on combined quiz grades