Develop your quality management and project leadership talents
Initially implemented in manufacturing firms, Lean Six Sigma techniques are now being used by hospitals, educational institutions, banks, retail operations, insurance companies, and other service-related industries to reduce waste, improve customer service, and reduce costs.
The University of Georgia’s Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Online Certificate Course is designed for working professionals with busy schedules and little or no experience with Lean Six Sigma. This eight-week, online program explains Lean Six Sigma methodologies and helps you become certified as a Lean Six Sigma Green Belt.
Hours: 40 hours / 4.0 CEUs
When: Jan. 21 - Mar. 17, 2020
Grow Your Career With This Valuable Credential
Lean Six Sigma combines several methodologies that together, provide companies a powerful means to delight their customers and improve bottom-line results. These methodologies include:
- Six Sigma: An enterprise-wide, project-driven quality improvement approach that emphasizes a systematic approach to problem-solving and making decisions based on data. Six Sigma results in increased customer satisfaction, improved quality, and reduced costs.
- DMAIC: A five-step methodology used for projects aimed at improving an existing business process.
- Lean: A method that concentrates on reducing waste by improving workflow and eliminating mistakes.
A Lean Six Sigma Green Belt is skilled in leading small-scale Six Sigma improvement projects. With this valuable credential, you’ll have the skills to use proven techniques for solving quality problems and improving processes.
What You Will Learn
- Audio presentations with corresponding visuals
- Asynchronous discussion boards
- Weekly, instructor-led, live Web sessions to discuss Six Sigma topics
- Modules on the Six Sigma philosophy, DMAIC methodology, graphical analysis tools and statistical methods
- A case study addressing regulated industries, manufacturing problems, R&D, marketing and office operations
Who Should Attend?
This program is designed for key team members responsible for process improvement in any industry, including:
- Financial services
- Information security
- And more!
Online. Eight weeks of audio presentations with corresponding visuals, and weekly, instructor-led Web meetings. Students will also interact with each other in an asynchronous discussion board.
Once-a-week live online classroom sessions with the instructor will be on Wednesday evenings from 6:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m., beginning the second week of class. These sessions will be archived for later viewing if the student is unable to participate in these live meetings.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will be certified as a Lean Six Sigma Green Belt and will receive a University of Georgia Certificate of Completion that awards 4.0 Continuing Education Units (CEUs).
Visit the University of Georgia CEU policies for more details.