Gain the skills you need to lead major improvement projects
According to a 2016 survey, the median salary for a Lean Six Sigma Black Belt is $103,000 per year.
As a Black Belt, you will be able to drive quality improvement, increase customer satisfaction and improve bottom line results for your organization. Black Belts are uniquely qualified to lead cross-functional teams and to analyze data using a broad array of graphical and statistical tools.
If you have earned a Lean Six Sigma Green Belt, this 160-hour program will build extensively on your knowledge of Lean Six Sigma methodologies. The program prepares you to apply Lean Six Sigma skills as a strong leader who directs critical projects.
The full program consists of two courses and a project:
Leadership for Lean Six Sigma Black Belt (a self-paced online course with instructor support and feedback) View course description.
Statistical Methods for Lean Six Sigma Black Belt (a self-paced online course with instructor support using Quality Trainer®, Minitab® Statistical software, and Quality Companion by Minitab®) View course description.
Project Capstone for Lean Six Sigma Black Belt (Students identify a Six Sigma project, develop a project charter and complete the five DMAIC phases of an improvement project with instructor mentoring) View project description.
Having instructor support will help you master the more difficult material.
By completing both courses and the project, you will earn the University of Georgia’s Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certificate.
What makes this program unique?
- Unlike in-person Black Belt courses, this program is designed to fit into the busy lives of working professionals. You can learn the required body of knowledge at your own pace, with ample opportunities to interact with your instructor and fellow students.
- Sign up for the program and complete the coursework and project within one year. Need extra time? You can extend your course access on a subscription basis.
- The instructor is an ASQ-certified Six Sigma Black Belt with a Ph.D. in industrial engineering, 15 years of industry experience, and 15 years of teaching experience.
- The Statistical Methods course incorporates Minitab’s® industry-leading training videos and statistical software. You’ll use the Minitab Quality Trainer® software to complete 31 exercises.
- You can start your Black Belt Project Capstone project at any time. Throughout the project, you’ll have one-on-one mentor support with the instructor via email and web meetings.
- The program follows the American Society for Quality’s Black Belt body of knowledge.
- The program’s curriculum, created by the instructor’s firm (University Training Partners), is accredited by the Council for Lean Six Sigma Certification.
- The University of Georgia Center for Continuing Education provides a Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certificate for those who complete the program.
Who Should Attend?
This program is designed for those who want to enhance their career opportunities by greatly expanding the knowledge they have gained from an introductory Lean Six Sigma Green Belt course.
The Leadership and Statistical Methods courses are online and self-paced with support and feedback from the instructor. Students will submit assignments via an online discussion board and assignment tool. The Project Capstone involves independent work and email dialog with the instructor.
$4,999 (includes software)
The time permitted for completing the Certificate Program is 12 months. Extensions can be granted on a case-by-case basis, contingent on instructor approval.
Certificate of Completion from the University of Georgia